What's going on with my fish? Parasites? Fungal/Bacterial?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol ... Nothing worse than a lawyer who's funny , its like a slide of hand in a poker game. keeps you distracted while he empties your pocket.

should it not be Slip and fall? call Paul and I will build myself a new waterfall"
Lol, you missed the microprint disclosure "waterfall included at $750 per hour of labor, $10 for every pebble that leads to the waterfall, water is extra"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you rinse the filter in the hose or in a bucket of pond water? There is no reason that cleaning filters in non- chlorinated water would have destroyed the bacteria.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I was worried one of my fish had parasites. Both sides of the body looked sort of shredded and inflamed. Then I realized it was a female and she was being repeatedly chased into a rocky corner and trapped between rocks - by overly enthusiastic males. We've had a bit of a break in the spawning chasing and she seems to be getting better. I'm grateful that it doesn't seem like a parasite or disease - but more like an injury. Regardless of what it was, I'd made my peace with letting nature take its course. Even dying fish are almost impossible to catch in a pond! I'm crossing my fingers that she makes a full recovery. Do you think your fish problem could possibly be caused by spawning?

Ask a Question