which disease is annoying my poor little fish ?????????????????

Reaction score
Country
India
It is sad to see that i can't get a permanent solution to my problem . I can't afford test kit or a new tank . I have a fish approx 3 inch having only one eye now. she lost her one eye -don't know how. she has some black looking spots and lines due to which she feels very poorly now.she use to jump from the tank every now and then -i really feels so bad for her when she jumps . I can't understand why she tries to jump or try to suicide .
i have maintained very best water quality and have tried a best medicine famous in India know as STRESS HEAL but it was unsuccessful . The tank is 25 liters having two goldfish and the black eye fish [ i actually don't know the specie ,if anyone helps identifying the specie would be very helpful] . I asked the aquarium to keep the two goldfish with them but they refused because they think that they might have developed some diseases from the black eye fish. Anyway i will try to give the two goldfish back to any other aquarium .
i am not sure but i thinks it can be ammonia burns . but the main problem now is that i can't see my black eye fish suffering anymore.

any advice would be appreciated
thank you

my fish
please help to identify the disease and the solution to the problem
20180126_152114.jpg

20180126_152237.jpg

this is the medicine i used to add after every water change

th.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Without a water test, we can't say for sure what the problem is.
Fish will sometimes jump because of poor water conditions and the red gills seen through the transparent skin could be a sign of ammonia burning. Gills should be pink, not dark red.
The fish would be better off in an environment where water quality can be monitored.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I agree with @MitchM that you should definitely test your water because sometimes we can assume just because our water is clear it must have high water quality. 25 liters is just over 6.5 gallons which is much too small for one goldfish and you have two. I suspect your ammonia is super high and it’s thrown your pH off so much and that’s why your fish are literally trying to escape the tank.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@neha - you keep posting about your poor sick fish, but you don't seem to have the resources to do what needs to be done for them. You can't keep treating illnesses as eventually the over treatment itself will kill them. And frequent water changes are stressful for fish, too, even though you are treating the water.

And - please don't take this to be harsh - but I don't understand how you can afford to keep buying the treatments, but you can't afford a bigger tank - they aren't that expensive, are they? Here we can buy an inexpensive 55 gallon tank and basic set up for $100. Even 30 gallons would solve your issues.

The fact you cannot change is your tank is entirely too small - it sounds like you have three fish in 6 gallons? My advice to you is to try to find a better home for these fish and try again when you have the ability to provide a better environment for them to live in. I don't ever like to discourage someone from doing something they enjoy, but you also have to consider these are living creatures who deserve proper care.

You asked for a solution to the problem - that's the best I can give you. You are dealing with a water quality issue that cannot be resolved with your current set up.

Ask a Question