Woot woot!

Reaction score
My watonai and wakin eggs are arriving today!!! Hoping for lots of cute babies. Post your wakin and watonai pics if you have some!

Reaction score
Eggs arrived and look good. There are TONS of them. I am doing a bit of an experiment. Some in my goldie tank in a net, a whole bunch in a 20 gallon tub, some in 10 gallon aquarium with heater and two shallow dish tubs. Some are starting to get eyes. Need to remove some of the fungus ones today but there are so many, no way I can get them all. It will be interesting to see which hatch first and which do the best. My guess are the heated aquariums will hatch first. I will try and post pics once I get some to hatch.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you may not want to go over 68*f in water temp..ive read,the faster they develope the more prone to deformities they are... the article i read also stated 63f - 65*f is ideal for best outcome. this is the rule ive been using.

Reaction score
Well my first batch of fry didn't make it. Not sure what happened, fungus, cold during transit or something else. The seller sent me more eggs for just the price of shipping. They came again with a bit of fungus on them but I've been trying to keep up with it this time. Got the eggs Friday and today they are starting to hatch! They are tiny but I've counted almost a dozen now with many other eggs looking ready to go anytime:) I'll post pics when I can actually take a pic of something that can be seen!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had no clue that they would ship eggs...........probably cheaper than shipping fish.
Neat hope they do well for you

Reaction score
More babies everyday and they are starting to eat. Another hobbyist sold me the eggs. One little fry is extra nutty and swims like crazy when I come around. That one is the most interested in food too so hope he grows quick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads