Yagi antennae?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Is there a signal amplifier for wifi?

The wifi signal is separate from a cell tower signal, unless you have a provider that provides both. (wifi signal plus cell phone signal)
If I want to have an internet connection through my boosted cell signal, I need to tether the connection directly through my cell phone.
For me, I have a separate wireless internet connection through a separate tower and with equipment only my main internet connection provider supplied.
I have 3 internet connections, 1 main wireless (4G WiMax) plus 2 emergency backup connections (One 4G signal direct from a tower plus one cellphone signal where my cellphone works as it's own router) I have voip phone service through the 4G WiMax.

Reaction score
Thank you Mitch, that explains a lot and looks like a good combo. The Yagi is weatherproof and I read that rain gathering on the antenna will reduce the signal so that is recommended. I have an aluminum roof so there shouldn't be a feedback problem between the indoor and the outdoor units.

Tethering eats up our wifi usage with our current carrier.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
My outdoor antenna has never given me any problems from the weather, rain, snow, temperature extremes from -40c/-40f to +33c/91f.
Good luck with your setup!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I'm afraid it's going to take a Yagi where I live which is OK. I just need to make sure that I purchase the right equipment that is compatible with the cell phone and wifi service.

Lol ...... I looked it up I never heard a antenna called a Yagi
It sounds like something I would run into in the woods at night

Reaction score
Country
United States
5G frequencies are different starting at 617 MHz. If you're going to get a new one, get this 5G Yagi antenna instead, which covers 600 MHz through 6000 MHz (same as 6 GHz) & get signalbooster.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowy

Latest Threads