BagsPond Update 2

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I think we all see that first hint of snow and bread and milk wiped out .:ROFLMAO:I have been a fan also of Eric and have talked to him a couple of times on the phone ,well until billie jean ,(his wifes goat ) kept making noise .Had to laugh when he told me his wife puts her in the front seat of the car and brings her to the pond store .The people just love her .His daughter is the sweetest
I've watched his How To Build A Pond series of videos several times and Billie Jean was a little baby kid then. SO CUTE!

He really seems like a very nice guy with a passion for ponding!

Bread and milk -- YES! It is so fun! I'm always stocked up on stuff (because of that strange emergency management tendency I have) but I have been known to go to the grocery store when there is talk of snow -- just to get in on the frenzy! LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate grocery shopping but have no choice .I would rather go to a hardware store or the flea market .I could spend hours in some farm stores also .I enjoy the hunt .Even things people throw away at the dump can be great finds .Last time I found a whole box of pyrex ware lids and all .Like brand new .All packed nice and neat .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
OK -- I'm going to share pix of the latest. I "grouted" the voids with waterfall foam to strengthen the walls, and when the foam started to solidify, I squished pea gravel into it to disguise the foam. Seems super solid! I'm not going to put my thin layer of egg rock on top of the fish cave or on the bottom until after I do the waterfall and such. There are still acorns and leaves falling. It's easier to see them and get them out. (Yes, I realize what I just said! :p
I know that could apply to cleaning a non-rocked pond, too. But then I will have a skimmer for leaves and will also probably net the pond in future Falls.)

I am feeling excited! You can see the three purple toned boulders to the left. They are the entrance of the fish cave, which goes back about 1 1/2 feet. Should be a nice place to hide! I'm really happy with the way the culvert pipe worked.

I'm hoping to work with some of the boulders this weekend. After moving all these rocks, my upper arms are starting to look like thighs! Eeek!

Attachments

• rocked 3.jpg
    rocked 3.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 215
  • rocked 1.jpg
    rocked 1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 212
  • rocked 2.jpg
    rocked 2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 235
  • rocked 3.jpg
    rocked 3.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 206
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
You are just to neat .:)Like perfection in rocks ,Have to smile at the neat precise stacking

LOL!
They are only stacked precisely for strength -- not so much for looks! I want them to be solid. Ish. It was fun -- kind of like a puzzle! :)

Ask a Question