Being away puts things into a whole new light!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I've been traveling on and off for over 2 months. My parents took care of the pond during this time which really just consisted of feeding the fish and making sure the water was running but not overflowing. My mom takes care of pretty much all the terrestrial plants anyways but insists that my aquatic plants are too different for her to handle lol. Anyway, not to brag but when I walked into my backyard I was literally breathless at how amazing it looks! As humans we can be so hard on ourselves and critical of our own work but spending a solid 3 weeks away and seeing it like it was the first time ever really made me appreciate how beautiful my yard has become. Pictures never seem to do it justice but here you go!

First view
IMG_4275.JPG

To the left, my bog gardens. Just dug down and liner placed with a few holes to keep it nice and wet but not full of water. These need to be thinned!
IMG_4277.JPG

First cattail punks!
IMG_4276.JPG

Now heading towards the pond
IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4282.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

This is the closest pic of the stream for now cause it is FULL of algae because of my absensence.
IMG_4287.JPG

Next day pics for open lilies
IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

These peaches one don't translate to photo well, they are HUGE bigger than my manly hands!
IMG_4300.JPG

Overall shot, best I can get anyways
IMG_4293.JPG

And just a little randomness
IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

Took a short video of the fish cause pics never come out well. I like to think they missed me but they were just hungry. :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It takes time and love to do landscaping and it is well worth it when you finally get to really look at it .I had 3 acres of dirt and a house .Now I have love and a home and I did everything myself and hired nothing out .I did get help with the carport and guest house .I could have never lifted 6x 6's myself
100_3618.JPG
100_3625.JPG
100_3461.JPG
100_3475.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Beautiful!
Just gorgeous!
What a great place to hang out! Very well done! Is that a bullfrog?
Gorgeous! Now you can enjoy the pond and gardens :)
Thank you everyone! Yes, bullfrog.

It takes time and love to do landscaping and it is well worth it when you finally get to really look at it .I had 3 acres of dirt and a house .Now I have love and a home and I did everything myself and hired nothing out .I did get help with the carport and guest house .I could have never lifted 6x 6's myself View attachment 115335 View attachment 115336 View attachment 115333 View attachment 115334
Your property looks lovely! Lots of satisfaction in doing your own work! We do absolutely everything ourselves too. No power equipment was used to build the pond either which includes moving some 36"+ boulders and digging (you can't even see the 9x7x4.5 hole for the filtration lol). This screen house is near the pond area and we built this too!
IMG_1342.JPG

Ask a Question