addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i didn't drill a hole, not sure if it is the way my leaf basket works, (always has a touch of air in it) or the way the piping was run, the bog never drains back.

Watch slate some of it dissolves when in constant water flow. I went to a rock store, spent 5 bucks on nice skinny flat rock, around 3 foot x 2 plus feet, that is my water fall rock . bought the same type for my deck ponds water fall off the deck into the stream and into the stock tank. They had pallets of the stuff, similar to field stone, but not as thick.

The fishing line is now gone replaced by a wide weave net looks a lot better and has kept the herons away.
DSC05512.JPG
DSC06829.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I did a mock up using an old cutting board that I had. I have about an 8" opening with about an 18" ledge but need the rock to jut out about a foot to clear the pond edge. I put the hose in top and let the water trickle so I could find level and then slanted it down so it falls cleanly off the edge into the pond. I think I can take the top layer of concrete block down and use the half size concrete block so it isn't as much of a jump from the top of the ledge to the waterfall. I'm sure the picture will flip but I'm on my phone so....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 239

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice water fall!
I used a large boulder to counter balance my rock, without it the rock tips too much and I was afraid it would go crashing in the pond. Sucker was heavy setting it up.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here you can see how the liner was folded under the waterfall rock.
1.JPG

Here you can see the counter balance rocks.

b.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ok I can do that, I knew I'd have to counterbalance based on the overhang I need I just didn't know how the water flow over the lip would work with the extra rocks but that picture helps. I'm not tickled with how the mock up looks but hopefully the shorter upper ledge and rocks around the base will make it look better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Tbendl, it will all look great once it's done! And, keep in mind you may change it some after you think you have it finished. Can't wait to see your finished product. Good luck. You are sure asking all the right questions, and Addy is posting pic, which always helps give a visual of what she is talking about. I sure appreciated all the pics way back when, too! :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Take your time, like CE says anything you don't like can be changed, tweaked etc. Keep it fun not a chore.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol good one! The house gets ignored when I can be outside.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Agree with both of you. I'll spend enough time inside when it starts to get cold and rainy. Then the whole list of inside jobs begins... Never ending... :)

Ask a Question