Here is my filter system design. Please share thoughts...

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, very helpful. I think, hope, you're right on focused on features, we'd call it a niche app. The down side is a smaller market so unfortunately the $1 price would probably be an issue, but I know it has to be cheap. I know some programmers who made a killing when the iApp thing first started as there weren't very many apps. $100K and more a week for a short time. Sorry I missed that boat. Now iApp must have more than 200,000 apps, and it's not easy to make a living.

I'm mainly trying to make the process easier to learn. I know a lot of people like yourself have no problem getting started with Sketchup, but I'm thinking some people hit a wall. First time I tried it for a few days and gave up. Came back to it on another project 6 months later and it was easier, and was a big help. But as I added more and more details I got in more and more trouble not having enough experience. I call Sketchup my competition, but my real competition is pencil and paper.

I hope you can start a thread on using Sketchup, maybe going through the highlights of a design project. People seem very interested in CAD when it pops up in a thread. Was reading a thread last night where another CAD app was used and there was lots of interest. But something seems to hold most people back.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Geez, Waterbug, the more I learn about you, the more you amaze me! Furniture designer? My first factory job was upholsterer's helper. Worked up to upholsterer, then later got a job as foreman in a small operation, and the next thing I knew, they had me designing easy chairs and sofa-beds. Seems we have more in common than a love of ponds. And BTW, I was good at my trade; I was one of four upholsterers picked to do a suite for one of Queen Liz's palaces back in 1968 or 69. My one brush with royalty!
John

Reaction score
I wish I was a furniture designer...at least I think I would enjoy it. I have designed some furniture, but don't think I'm good enough to be a real designer by a long shot. I have done a tiny amount of upholstering, always wanted to do more. Looks fascinating to me and a very useful skill.

Ask a Question