addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rather than paying to have our old hot tub taken away, dear honey said to convert it to a pond.

Currently it has water and I tossed in 4 lilies. Added a small pump to circulate the water = anti mosquitoes. Spray painted the edge to get rid of the bright white edge. I have rock on roll rocks etc to dress it up when we are home again, i.e. done with Baltimore.

The floating stuff is to keep the bees from drowning. Landing pads for them.

Needs work, but with just the water moving around the dark green water is clearing up. No fish yet. I have not tested the ph of the water, our water is so acidic I need to make sure it is ok for fish before adding them.
Probably only adding fan tails to this one.

np.JPG
dp1.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did.....honey talked me into it.....putting some of my fav lilies in it to grow free. And the purple hybrid. Warmer water, they have not done beautifully in the big pond. Should not freeze solid I hope .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What free time.........none right now. One reason it is just sitting there.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow that hot tub has lots of potential! With that top edge you could do what I did to my fish tank, except use the Great Gap Expanding foam, does not need the biggest expanding foam, just that that foam sticks better in rain and weather than glue gun. Have all your rock, moss and wood on site and ready to go. Great Gap filler is messy so use gloves. I have done marvellous things with that great gap filler in past projects. You can realky make it nice and fun too!

Ask a Question