addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have only seen two chipmunks here. They are such cute little suckers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I love chipmunks, too, think they are so cute, but none around my house either. Love your pics T'mann! I'm anxiously awaiting the elephant ear bulbs to sprout. Have them in pots to jump start them, if they don't start soon, and if weather warms up more, going to just put them outside. Have you planted any outside yet? Pretty sure I got the bulbs from you last spring. :)

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some pics of my pond.

Early Spring
P1060051.JPG

Today
P1060083.JPG

P1060082.JPG

P1060083.JPG

P1060084.JPG

P1060086.JPG

The bog is filling in nicely, I ripped the stuff out on the left side as it took over last year and put some iris in.
P1060087.JPG

P1060088.JPG

P1060089.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice change! I did a tear up the bog this year, ............maybe keep it under control.......yeah right!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This year I decided to rip my raised garden beds out and do more perennials, shrubs and companion planting with vegetables this year. I hauled all the rock in the last several weeks, still need to decide what I am going to do with the fence posts.
P1060053.JPG

P1060085.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would you like to come and visit? My veg garden needs attention............ very nice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I like it! What kind of veggies do you grow? We have a very large garden and are already eating spinach, asparagus and fresh chives. I love being able to pick food in the back yard :) Bottled my own grape juice from the grape vines last year and it was amazing!!! A little too amazing... :( I drank it till I was sick and then kept drinking it :(

I can't stay mad at you yummy grape juice! :)

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Pecan we had asparagus up until this year, it was toward the end of it's productive life. When I tore out the raised bed it was in the majority of the bed was aparagus roots a PITA to dig out. We grow the basics, tomatoes, various types of peppers, cantaloup, cucumbers, pumpkins, gourds, about 6 different herbs. It will be smaller this year than in the past as I am trying the companion planting thing and mixing the garden up with perennials and annuals. I have grape vines that grow on my arbor but the racoons get to them before I do. I also have a hardy kiwi, although it has yet to produce any fruit. Then I have a thornless blackberry bush which does very well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like the stone paths you made too tmann and you actually have Iris in bloom already! Everything is coming alive at your place very nicely. My hubby has been eating off of the asparagus for a few weeks now. He would not like it if I ripped out his asparagus. I myself don't eat the stuff. More coming up today all over:
IMG_5671.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bet she doesn't see the benefit in you pulling it up. You need to make her her own little nibbling garden tmann. She will keep it all pruned for you :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You guys are much further ahead, my trees are just starting turn green, small leafs popping out on some trees, and my spring bulbs are just starting to pop out in the front yard. Things around pond are further ahead than rest of yard, and irises out front just starting to grow, but yellow flag in pond already almost two feet high!

Ask a Question