morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Why bother burning them when a decent pair of shears will take them out in two or three cuts? Seems to me a bit like hunting mosquitos with a 12 gauge.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tie a rope around them tight as close to the bottom as possible and then put another rope farther up from that and use a long blade in saws all between the ropes .Then other rope up holds the bundle together and I throw them in my lawn cart and done

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hired the neighborhood kid to cut them for me!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I tie a rope around them tight as close to the bottom as possible and then put another rope farther up from that and use a long blade in saws all between the ropes .Then other rope up holds the bundle together and I throw them in my lawn cart and done
THAT'S how you kill mosquitos???? :eek:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no that's how i keep you in line Haro .:);)seems it does not work all the time .Maybe have to try another rope

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
T-mann- I lit off some ornamental grass the other day as it has over run my garden. The wind was calm until I lit off the 3rd clump and within seconds the entire flower bed was blazing! Had the hose and got it put out so will be cutting the rest down before burning! Maybe should burn the tops now whole the ground is covered with snow.
I cut the big ones down and then burn the last six inches to the ground, this one that I was burning was
Why bother burning them when a decent pair of shears will take them out in two or three cuts? Seems to me a bit like hunting mosquitos with a 12 gauge.
I cut the big ones down and burn the last six inches to the ground. The one I burned was a small one only two feet tall or so.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would be afraid to burn mine with the wind i get up here on the hill .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, you folks are hilarious. Sissy, that's a great idea how you did your grasses. I helped my VERY pregnant friend cut down some of her grasses last weekend, and it was really a chore with hand pruners. Definitely needed something stronger, sharper and quicker. I like how you have the bundle to carry off once you have it cut off. I cut off one of the 3 groups of Karly Rose grass (from Addy) and it was too windy, so will do the others this weekend. Sat. supposed to be very nice again, Sun not so much.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Doesn't look that bad, water looks clear and fish look fine. Neat photography zooming through the water and bubbles :)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I always burn my grass clumps too Tmann it's just to quick and easy not too
When I burn off my yard I only have 1 small spot that touches my neighbors grass .
I wet that down and back burn mine

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A few quick shots of my backyard. Worked splitting my ornamental grasses, tried giving them away but only had a few takers. Still have about 12 pieces that 12x12 left.

P1060035.JPG

My dog hunting the chipmunks by the pond.
P1060036.JPG

Thinking of putting a more permanent fire pit in this summer, with a nice gravel patio and pit. We shall see if I can find the motivation to do so.
P1060037.JPG

Looking at two of my creeks that feed into my pond. In the distance is my strawberry pot trickle tower I made last year.
P1060038.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looing good tmann, I need nice paths like yours

Ask a Question