new from Northern Illinois

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My name is Margo and from Gurnee Illinois which is north in the state. I currently have a 10 x 15 koi pond, around 2500 gallons I'd say and it's 15 years old. I'm moving it to my new house and am in the process of planning a whole new pond! Very exciting. I have around 20 or so koi several of which are 15 years old like the pond. I've been in the new house for three years and I sure have missed the little buggers. I look forward to reading about your set ups and getting advice for my new set up.

Margo

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome margo and we would love to help you and also would love pics as you build your new dream pond .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Margo
When you make your new pond make it bigger. Mine is about 2400 gals and wish I would have made it twice that big or bigger and I only have goldfish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome Margo! Looking forward to seeing your new pond build. Hope you share your progress and pics with us as you go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Margo. Welcome to our little group of pond fanatics. I hope you have a good imagination when planning your pond. When I look out my window I just see lots and lots of snow!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Margo welcome from a warm and sunny Plymouth in the UK best of luck with your new koi pond , do you have a bottom drain on your old one ?
If not it might be a good idea to factor one into your new build

Dave

Ask a Question