New Waterfall/Pond

Reaction score
Am in the planning stages of building a waterfall and pond with a 1500-1700 gal.volume,with about an 18 ft. stream and around an 8 ft head. I plan on using a kit that includes the required components. I also have a gravity fed spring that I would like to plumb into the filter box.

Comments/suggestions would be appreciated'

Reaction score
Wish you good luck to get completed your pond soon.
Please share some pics when you got it completed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
How much flow from your spring? That should be very good for water quality, I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Bobby, Welcome. Just wondering what kind of fish you are planning for your pond? If you are thinking about Koi I would make it as big as possible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome, sounds very nice. I wish I had 8ft of height in my yard but it is very flat. I could make a hill but it would not look very natural.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Am in the planning stages of building a waterfall and pond with a 1500-1700 gal.volume,with about an 18 ft. stream and around an 8 ft head. I plan on using a kit that includes the required components. I also have a gravity fed spring that I would like to plumb into the filter box.

Comments/suggestions would be appreciated'

Sounds like a great pond and stream! I'd imagine you'll have trouble finding a kit with all the required components for such an undertaking though...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just remember that a spring will flow harder after rains and has to be a place in the pond for run off .The other house i bought had a spring that ran into it and we had to divert some of the water from going into the pond

Ask a Question