addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Always want bigger when you are done! part of the pond habit. Yours looks wonderful. I too love watching my babies grow. A bunch of fry getting prettier and prettier.

Reaction score
You did a great job and now you can sit back and enjoy it and I agree watching my fish grow over the years has been great .My first 2 koi aggie and bert were only a couple of inches long 7 years ago and are now over 2 feet long and they have acquired such great personalities that ends up making them my favorite 2 of the bunch .I like my butterflies and fancy tails but the cutes are my fantail goldfish I call them my little fat butt wigglers .You may regret that frog wish once they get there ,I had to put out a concrete tub with water in it for them to lay there eggs in .I had so many tadpoles they clogged up the filter .I like how you put your pond near the patio facing the waterfall so you can watch it ' I can spend hours watching mine but then have to remind my self I have a yarden to take care of too .You need a hammock there so you can take a nap near the pond .My uncle lived in Buffalo and worked for GM

Cool, I work for GM also, the engine plant, what is his name?

I would'nt have guessed about the tad poles. I've been meaning to get a fan tail GF also, had (2) before my neighbor accedently killed them. They were about 7 years old, I raised from little black feeder fish. I think I'm going to get a baby butterfly koi, one more shubunkin (love them) and a FT goldie.

It's funny trying to explain the enjoyment and rewards a pond brings. The first response I get from people: "OMG, they are so much work" every non pond owner is an expert at ponds.

Thanks for the kind words,

David

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Art Sholley he retired and then passed away .I think 1 or 2 of his sons worked there if there still there don't know have lost contact with them over the years .Great job to have but hard work ,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new pond. Do you have a job to go to cuz if ya do...................don't forget to go while you are out there entranced by the pond. Maybe you should set an alarm to get you back to reality so you don't get fired :rolleyes:

Ask a Question