OK, now I'm really back

Reaction score
Try as I might, I couldn't make this marriage work. To say she was insanely jealous would be an understatement of monstrous proportions. My participating in this, or any forum was viewed as "Talking to women on the internet." An unsolicited email from a woman was equal to adultery, even if I ignored it. So, after a year and a half with no change, I drove her back to Texas and filed for a divorce. I really tried, she is a good woman and I'm not happy about this, but it beats a life of suspicion and grief.
We left Wednesday at 10:45. There is only one gas stations between Tulum and Chetumal, we got dangerously low on gas. Cruised into Escarcega at 6:00 PM and got a room, total of 337 miles due to late start.
Off early the next day, we drove through Villahermosa, saw monkeys as soon as we entered Tabasco. Passed Cardenas and stopped in Veracruz, got a room, 525 miles on day 2.
Poza Rica is real crowded and littered, the mountain roads were a little hairy due to rain. Cruised straight through town in Tampico, no worse than Cancun. The highway between Altimira and Aldama is closed and the bypass is a twisty mountain road. When you do get to Aldama, you go right through the middle of town.
Finally found a room in Soto Del Marina and crashed for the night. Left before daylight and made a dash for the border. Cruised through Valle Hermosa and had an easy checkout on the Texas side.
Gas total was $353.85 driving a Tundra with a V8, tolls $44.79, hotels $160.97.
Planning on trying to scrounge some fire hose and head back Thursday.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear it did not work out and sometimes the woman has bad past relationships and she carries the baggage on to a new relationship .I hope she finds peace and finds help in her struggles .At least you made it and hope you have an all around safe trip .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Darn that's a shame Bullfrog. I know you must have tried hard to work it out but sometimes it can't be fixed. Glad you made it back safely and now it sounds like you will head back to Mexico on your own. We just had someone here join recently that is only about 1/2 hour away from where you were living in Paamul. Hope you make it back safely and keep in touch more often. I love seeing and hearing what you are up to and all the neat and exciting things going on down there. Check out this thread: https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/hola-from-mexico.13987/

Reaction score
sorry to hear it did not work out and sometimes the woman has bad past relationships and she carries the baggage on to a new relationship .I hope she finds peace and finds help in her struggles .

Just what I said. She kept saying that "God led us together for a reason."

In the end, I agreed with her and told her so. Perhaps the reason he led us together was to learn something. That sometime, a unique combination of personalities comes together, one patient and forgiving, and the other angry and accusatory. Perhaps God is trying to teach you something. That this man who now stands before you, is not that man that hurt you. Don't blame him. I really cant imagine another man hanging in as long as I did. I credit my mother with this.
Still, I could not walk through the park one block to get a bag of ice, without getting the third degree when i got home, "Did you talk to any women? Did any women talk to you?"
I cannot fix this, I have tried and it's a damn shame because I really love her and it's hard to walk away. But I have to, for me.
I pray she finds peace and happiness, I wish her well and really will miss her. It was hard not calling her today. We have been together 24/7 for 1 1/2 years. But we need to establish this distance.
I have never loved someone so much and known that I really needed to be away from them at the same time before in my life.
We are all made up of our memories. Some take more with them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sad to hear what could have been such a wonderful life together. I wish the best for her and you both.

Ask a Question