OMG! Texas Aquarium Loses Fish Due To Parasite Treatment

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
According to a separate news report that I read, they were treating for internal parasites. As Tai said, apparently the dosage was miscalculated.
Wont be the first time a major aquarium makes a mistake our very own National Marine Aquarium here in Plymoth lost a number of sharks when someone miscaculated the amount of treatment be it water or parasite

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1626966.stm

We also had the badly designed drainage and system which came to light after a power cut

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Hun...um-power-cut/story-12694591-detail/story.html

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I know of 2 major public aquarium disasters. (Not including this one)

One was in Vancouver where a vandal dumped a 50 lb bag of copper sulphate into a marine exhibit, another was in Calgary where there was a large loss of freshwater rays due to a drop in overnight oxygen.

We hobbiests are certainly guilty of mistakes but public aquariums are open to far more scrutiny. It's still a human mistake, just on a larger scale.
The loss of aquatic life and the grief of the person that made the mistake are certainly regrettable. Mistakes happen. Perhaps the vandal regrets their actions in Vancouver, certainly the people involved in the freshwater ray incident and this Dallas incident regret theirs.

Tai

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well, on the plus side, there is much to be learned from the experience for these individuals. A mistake is never good when it happens but to learn from a mistake is more valuable than to learn nothing at all.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Any huge aquarium now might be very wise to test any meds sent to them by any company from now on before using in their giant tanks of very expensive fish no matter how good of a reputation they have.

Ask a Question