j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You just don't want to miss out on anything talal and I can't blame you. Our Summers are pretty short here but I'm lazy and needs me sleep at all times of the year. Course when you wake up here and you see that darn rain so much you just roll over and say forget it

Reaction score
You just don't want to miss out on anything talal and I can't blame you. Our Summers are pretty short here but I'm lazy and needs me sleep at all times of the year. Course when you wake up here and you see that darn rain so much you just roll over and say forget it

I can't afford to miss a minute! I want to soak up every stinking minute of the summer. I seem to be in the minority but I LOVE rain, I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE severe thunderstorms. There are summer days where I wake up and its stormy and rainy and I have the biggest smile ever and just jump out of bed to go outside and walk around in the rain. I love sitting outside on our back covered deck during thunder storms at night and then waiting for one of those super unexpected ones where the whole sky lights up and the lightning sound smacks the doors and walls and things hahaha......im only a little twisted right?

BTW I really like how you have an emoticon for EVERYTHING!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep just a but twisted! I hide when we get t-storms but I still enjoy them.................just love being scared and yes I am nuts w/ the emoticons..................I'm surprised you noticed........................NOT

Reaction score
Yep just a but twisted! I hide when we get t-storms but I still enjoy them.................just love being scared and yes I am nuts w/ the emoticons..................I'm surprised you noticed........................NOT

Its ok, us twisted individuals give the rest of the normal world some sense of sanity hahah. Maybe it is the rush of being scared that makes them so enjoyable......its my mega-super-amazing-awesome-spectacular analyzing ability that I used to realize you had emoticons for everything hahaha oh j.w, you give me a good laugh :D

Reaction score
I can't afford to miss a minute! I want to soak up every stinking minute of the summer. I seem to be in the minority but I LOVE rain, I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE severe thunderstorms. There are summer days where I wake up and its stormy and rainy and I have the biggest smile ever and just jump out of bed to go outside and walk around in the rain. I love sitting outside on our back covered deck during thunder storms at night and then waiting for one of those super unexpected ones where the whole sky lights up and the lightning sound smacks the doors and walls and things hahaha......im only a little twisted right?

BTW I really like how you have an emoticon for EVERYTHING!
I love the rain too, and especially storms.

I've seen several little frogs around my pond and they're pretty cool little dudes. The dead ones I fished out were much larger.

Now if I can just keep the bears out I'll be good.

Reaction score

I've seen several little frogs around my pond and they're pretty cool little dudes. The dead ones I fished out were much larger.

YEAH! there we go, another storm nut!! I knew there had to be others out there!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You must be warm weather person at heart .I love to hear the rain and listen to thunder as long as it is not a bad storm .In the summer I actually slept out on my front porch swing it was so nice out .We seem to not get mosquito's I guess because the water is always moving in the creeks and there are lots of frogs .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ME TOO!

I. I seem to be in the minority but I LOVE rain, I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE severe thunderstorms. There are summer days where I wake up and its stormy and rainy and I have the biggest smile ever and just jump out of bed to go outside and walk around in the rain. I love sitting outside on our back covered deck during thunder storms at night and then waiting for one of those super unexpected ones where the whole sky lights up and the lightning sound smacks the doors and walls and things hahaha......im only a little twisted right?

!

Reaction score
You must be warm weather person at heart .I love to hear the rain and listen to thunder as long as it is not a bad storm .In the summer I actually slept out on my front porch swing it was so nice out .We seem to not get mosquito's I guess because the water is always moving in the creeks and there are lots of frogs .

ABSOLUTELY! the sound of a fierce rain hitting the ground is extremely soothing....is it odd that I find the sound of the heater/furnace very soothing? In my last house, my room was right next to the furnace room and everyone else found the sound obnoxious but it always put me right to sleep and I really enjoy it. Im the type who like a lot of "white noise", I guess its why I really like rain, its just a whole bunch of white noise.

YAY US!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yea, well I love the crashing rain and the violent storms but as for this rain of ours that goes on and on and on and on w/ showers and gray skies too many days out of the year I would sell it all to ya for pennies :p

Reaction score
This is JUST what I wanted advice about! We have frogs and they spawned massively. Saw my fish eating the spawn but we still have LOADS of tadpoles. We also have plenty of newts (inc poss Great Crested, which are protected here in the UK). But I haven't seen the fish for days.... don't think we've had the heron and have seen no floating casualties so what's going on? We only moved here in Aug last year so don't know if this is normal pond fish behaviour (I kept fish for years but only in tanks). Where are my lovely fishy friends?!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fish first introduced to a pond or after a cleaning are very good at hiding. Esp if they are small. Sometimes if you just sit quietly and look they will magically appear

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep at first they are very shy and since they have a source of food they are not seeing you as that source of food .

Reaction score
Yea, well I love the crashing rain and the violent storms but as for this rain of ours that goes on and on and on and on w/ showers and gray skies too many days out of the year I would sell it all to ya for pennies :p
I feel ya. I live in Asheville, NC, and last year we had 50 inches of rain BY JUNE. I love a good storm, and showers are fine too, but constant grey and rain for three straight months is a bit beyond my taste.

Ask a Question