Pond Net

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I finally got around to building a frame and attaching the pond net to it so I can easily remove and replace the net from the pond when I want to see the fish better or perform maintenance on the pond. I spent the least amount of money possible but I feel like I did pretty well with what I had to work with. Now, the true test will be how long it holds up to the elements and other stressors. If it doesn't last as long as I hope it will I'll have to figure something else out I suppose!?

While I was at it I pulled the large flat box pre-filter out of the pond and gave all the mechanical and biological media a good rinse in a bucket of old pond water, and then added about 20-25 gallons of water to the pond itself since it was a little low from me being out of town the whole last week for spring break.

Attachments

• IMG_2670.JPG
    IMG_2670.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2671.JPG
    IMG_2671.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks @addy1 , I was hoping for it to look okay, but was more concerned about it being functional. My wife is concerned it won't hold up well, but we shall see I guess. lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The sun,rain, snow and wind can really do a # on the net so you'll just have to do a wait and see on how well it lasts. The snow pulled and ripped mine apart some but I was able to fix it. Mine had a coating on it when I bought it but the sun has weakened it after a few yrs now. They aren't that expensive so not too worried about it. Yours looks nice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks @j.w I'm not super worried about it either. The net was maybe $7 on Amazon and the wood and hardware from Lowe's was another $17 or so. The wife was worried the wood would warp or the net would tear out easily, but I tried to tell her it should hold up but if it doesn't it's not like I spent a ton of money on it. ;)

Ask a Question