Pumps

Reaction score
I've employed a Tsurumi 50PN(3PN) for the last 10 yrs and I'm in the maket for a new one. I'd love to stick with old faithfull but the cost @ over 400 bucks is making me look for an alternative. Any suggestions?

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I run a sequence external pump but they are not cheap either. Have had for 6years now without any problems what so ever.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Two names on this site I seem to hear more good things about than bad Laguana, and Sequence.

Reaction score
That's great, I'll check them out. I also need to change my filter mats out which are about 2'x2(three of them) and I was wondering if there was a suitable material that could be used instead of the costly green weaved stuff I am currently using. The cost on these things as cheap as they seem is remarkable. I thought maybe someone might have a cool trick they use to achieve the same results.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Matala, it's costly to buy but well worth the money if you get the real deal. A buddy of mine is on his sixth year with two different colored/density pads and they still look almost brand new.

Reaction score
Now if I could only find the real deal...do you have pics of your garden? When I figure out this photo bucket thing I'll get some of my own online.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
[ame]

I have several videos posted and many pics on the site. This is just one of my favorites, It makes the pond look REALLY overstocked but in reality your looking at maybe 100 gallons of water out of 2500 gallons, It's the one area that I can feed check everyone out and get a video without having to remove all my wire covers. (determineed I won't lose another fish to a heron!

Attachments

• mothers day pics 007.jpg
    mothers day pics 007.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 2009 pond rebuild 16.jpg
    2009 pond rebuild 16.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 317

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love your pond fishin and love the frogs too.........wish I had some here. See one now and then but never have a choir singing like you do
3frogssing.gif

Reaction score
hello, newbi here i am currently useing a rule 2000 gph bilge pump. its 12 volt and i hooked it up to a battery charger and it runs continually for 5 months or so a year. not much current draw at 12 volts. my pond is 1200 gal. lifting water 4.5 feet in a 2 inch pipe. just fyi

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A battery charger doesn't run things does it ,thought it just charged batteries :question: .Why only 5 months and do you have fish . :question:

Reaction score
hi sissy, the battery charger is just a 10 amp 12 volt power supply. yes i have 30 or so fish. my pond is 20' by 15' by 14 inches deep. about 1500 gals i only use the pump for 5 or so months because the fish dont need it in the winter and the water would probaly freeze. i hve comets so they dont eat from oct30 until april 1st. the pumps are not for ponds but my experiance is that theyll work untill you burn them up. quick and easy chaange out and aspare are all you need. im gravety fed and the pump is submersable.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh only 14 inches deep the fish never die in the winter .I keep one pump a small one going all winter .

Ask a Question