Sometimes it pays to complain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Val recently bought me the following tfh book The Cult of koi" expanded and revised" for my upcoming 58th Birthday to add our library
So I agreed with Val and I thought ok thats great we have both books it'd be nice to see where they have revised and expanded things ,
Where upon we hit the first problem 288 pages , both books had 288 pages, ok not a problem we thought, we'll see where things have changed ,
Both Val and I turned page after page each 0f the 288 pages matched , the only difference is the colour of the book which is sky blue .
Instead of one koi on the original book (black background single koi) it has two koi and all thats changed is the ISBN number ....
What the hell is going on we though. how do they get away with this the book is a carbon copy of the other book all bar the cover the colour and ISBN number
Our main though were this book is pre internet perhaps it was for the US market who knows but I thought hey what the hell they've dont this before with tfh book The Essential book of koi (a carbon copy ofthe book Koi by interpetpublishing) we are going to complain big style to tfh publishing which we did .
They were ever so nice about it said they would look into it but seeing as how the book is no longer in publication they couldnt comment on it.
However as a jesture of goof faith they have promised to send me a book of my choice from their new updated catologue
Thank you tfh :happy:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Maria 4th of March and Val's is on the 19th of March , did I wish you a happy Birthday I cant remember , I did for Maggie :confused:
Val has also decided I need another book to replace that one so we decided on this one "BACTERIAL DISEASES OF FISH" which at £20.00 brand new is a steal :happy:
If you want the information on where to get this let me know I'll PM or Email you on how to get it :cool:

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
No birthday wishes from you but that's okay ;) I will wish you a happy birthday today just incase I miss the actual day :oops:

Please do send me the info on the new book your getting. I just ordered a new book on fancy goldfish. Should be here later this week :bookworm:

You and Val doing anything special for your birthdays?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Maria check your emails sent you the information that way and also the information about what I term generic books which save the student a small fortune when buying books like the one Val bought me to replace the rip off revised and extended version of The Cult of Koi (not):mad:.
Hope it helps you make your mind up on it and give you the tip to look out for the cheaper books in future .;)

Dave

Ask a Question