UPDATE on Pond cycle

Reaction score
I agree with "some" ammonia. A level high enough to kill the fish is unnecessary in my opinion. If the bacteria can't process all of it, removing some excess won't slow it's multiplication down at all.

Reaction score
Calvin I think your getting stressed out over nothing its your own fault for not listening to us in the first place I told you to get sacrificial fish but no you went and stocked the pond with koi.
Had you done what I said with the Microbe_Lift PL filterpad innoculant we'd be half way there now wait for the spike then it will go down koi are tougher than you think but a funny thing and its "My Pet Hate" I was browsing through koiPhen today and guess what my friend , I came across your post exactly asking the same questions under a different name.
Man was I Pissed , that really upsets me because it means you dont trust any of us to give you sound advice forum, hopping only complicates things in your own mind so make up your mind which people you want advice from
Diesilplower Max Sissy Myself might as well pack up and go home if you dont trust any of us to give you advice .
Between us all we have many years of experiance in koi and fish keeping its sort of a slap in the face to us all ulike the advice on koiPhen at least my sacrificia lfish didnt die unlike what one of their members is advising " sacrificial fish are meant to die"my backside :mad:.
We are here trying to get you out of a mess of no-one but your own making and trying to keep all your koi alive so make up your mind which forum your on and who's advice you want

Dave

It's not that.. I had these koi in my 1st pond. I did stock the new pond with 15 feeder goldfish.
Decided to scoop them out ( dieases, parasites ) I then placed 4 couple koi. All the koi were prior to the adding.

According to koipond if you view it I hardly use it.. I'm just paranoid over this whole situation, don't take it offensively because I am with garden pond 100x more then there. It's just i would like more input on my situation .

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm just paranoid over this whole situation, .

I was browsing through koiPhen today and guess what my friend , I came across your post exactly asking the same questions under a different name.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

its sort of a slap in the face to us all
us
slowslap.jpg

us
slap-in-the-face.jpg

us
slap-face.jpg

us
Slap_in_the_Face.jpg

Dave
punch+in+the+face.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Calvin I think your getting stressed out over nothing its your own fault for not listening to us in the first place I told you to get sacrificial fish but no you went and stocked the pond with koi.
Had you done what I said with the Microbe_Lift PL filterpad innoculant we'd be half way there now wait for the spike then it will go down koi are tougher than you think but a funny thing and its "My Pet Hate" I was browsing through koiPhen today and guess what my friend , I came across your post exactly asking the same questions under a different name.
Man was I Pissed , that really upsets me because it means you dont trust any of us to give you sound advice forum, hopping only complicates things in your own mind so make up your mind which people you want advice from
Diesilplower Max Sissy Myself might as well pack up and go home if you dont trust any of us to give you advice .
Between us all we have many years of experiance in koi and fish keeping its sort of a slap in the face to us all ulike the advice on koiPhen at least my sacrificia lfish didnt die unlike what one of their members is advising " sacrificial fish are meant to die"my backside :mad:.
We are here trying to get you out of a mess of no-one but your own making and trying to keep all your koi alive so make up your mind which forum your on and who's advice you want

Dave

Your piss poor attitude is completely unneeded here. You have a ton of knowledge and a lot of good advice to give, but why the attitude? There's no need to say I told you so and get pissy because he didn't follow all of your advice. You are a random internet person. If I had a dollar for every time I read bad advice doled out on the internet by a self-professed expert, I'd be a rich man.

It truly blows my mind that you would be pissed because he sought advice from more than one source. He can ask questions on as many forums as he sees fit. He doesn't have to make up his mind which forum to get advice from.

Your attitude here is childish and egotistic...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your piss poor attitude is completely unneeded here. You have a ton of knowledge and a lot of good advice to give, but why the attitude? There's no need to say I told you so and get pissy because he didn't follow all of your advice. You are a random internet person. If I had a dollar for every time I read bad advice doled out on the internet by a self-professed expert, I'd be a rich man.

It truly blows my mind that you would be pissed because he sought advice from more than one source. He can ask questions on as many forums as he sees fit. He doesn't have to make up his mind which forum to get advice from.

Your attitude here is childish and egotistic...
And there is absolutely no reason to post this response. It has nothing to do with the OP's situation.

Reaction score
Just did my night parameters check
Ammonia I believe is in between 0-0.25
Nitrate is 0
Nitrites is 0
PH 7.5-8
GH 180
KH 180

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No Max I dont think I'm being egotistic at all thats the last thing you can accuse me off it was patently explained to Calvin to not put his koi into the pond util it had cycled but he did .
he was told not to buy this supposed petshops own bacteria and go for Microbe_lift PL instead now hes trying to find a way to get out of jail free by asking questions of other sites and thus he's stressing himself out even more by doing so on another site
One that says its ok to loose his koi because thats how things go when you cycle ponds which is a total and utter nonsense.
Max at 57 years of age I'm far from childish or egotistic and will if I think the little guy is getting it step in and speakup for them, personally those who know me know I'm one of the most laid back helpful people there is especially when it comes to helping others.
As I repetedly say to people Max I'm not an expert nor profess to be my advice is double checked before it is given out, nor am I a Google head copying stuff often wrong from the internet .
What I know comes from 27 years and I choose to help because I have a love of all things fish.
Fish which gave me back a life after a number of bad things happened to me in childhood and after I was disable by a Motorcycle accident which cost me my lifelong carreer at sea and my life took a downward spiral.
As such I owe it to them to help educate others that koi and goldfish are for life, that life can be upto and above 80 years for koi 40+ years for goldfish, you know a parrot is very long lived but how many people know the life expectancy of fish because of this they are seen as a throw-away comodity which they are not
It appears to be the only hobby where its ok for your fish to die which it is not Max,
Everyone educates themselves on other hobbies not many do with fish why is that , they have as much right to a full stress free liveas well dont they ? .
So please Max dont accuse me of something I'm not .:)

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
No Max I dont think I'm being egotistic at all thats the last thing you can accuse me off it was patently explained to Calvin to not put his koi into the pond util it had cycled but he did .
he was told not to buy this supposed petshops own bacteria and go for Microbe_lift PL instead now hes trying to find a way to get out of jail free by asking questions of other sites and thus he's stressing himself out even more by doing so on another site
One that says its ok to loose his koi because thats how things go when you cycle ponds which is a total and utter nonsense.
Max at 57 years of age I'm far from childish or egotistic and will if I think the little guy is getting it step in and speakup for them, personally those who know me know I'm one of the most laid back helpful people there is especially when it comes to helping others.
As I repetedly say to people Max I'm not an expert nor profess to be my advice is double checked before it is given out, nor am I a Google head copying stuff often wrong from the internet .
What I know comes from 27 years and I choose to help because I have a love of all things fish.
Fish which gave me back a life after a number of bad things happened to me in childhood and after I was disable by a Motorcycle accident which cost me my lifelong carreer at sea and my life took a downward spiral.
As such I owe it to them to help educate others that koi and goldfish are for life, that life can be upto and above 80 years for koi 40+ years for goldfish, you know a parrot is very long lived but how many people know the life expectancy of fish because of this they are seen as a throw-away comodity which they are not
It appears to be the only hobby where its ok for your fish to die which it is not Max,
Everyone educates themselves on other hobbies not many do with fish why is that , they have as much right to a full stress free liveas well dont they ? .
So please Max dont accuse me of something I'm not .:)

Dave
I'm now looking at microbe lift, is it the microbe lift nite out 2?

Reaction score
Update.
Just ordered
Pond Amquel Plus
Drs. foster and smith live nitrifying bacteria
While at it I purchased praziquantel and melafix.
W/ next day shipping.

Dave I am purchasing the microbe later in a few days, I don't want to overdose all these at the same time. It seems really good too! But from what I read it said it's not made for bacteria but does contain it. I am purchasing it later to add into my pond! Thanks again guys!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm now looking at microbe lift, is it the microbe lift nite out 2?
No Calvin what you need to order is Microbe_lift PL Filterpad Innoculant Gel but a large bottle then read the instructions they will tell you to stop your filter then empty it of water or lift out your filter material either way then let the filter material stand for an hour in the air after you hve applied the gel then put the filter material back into your filter and fill it with water again but not switch it on for about 30 minutes so its sitting in still water .
After that 30 minute period start the filter and away you go .
The Microbe lift guys are experts in bacteria they have a long history with it and its the best thing I know of to seed a filter with helpful bacteria .
I appologise for being upset but I have my reasons it only serves to confuse you and that was what we didnt want for you .
You have to concentrate on getting your pond cycled with all your fish intact not dead as suggested on the other site, ours made it through when we started and we all want the same for you. seeing as you made the mistake of stocking the pond early and all .
So lets get down to business and get your pond propperly cycled and all your fish alive .
I once helped a lady in Plano Texas with her koi on another site many moons ago and we turned it around for her , how far are you away from there my friend ?

Dave

Reaction score
No Calvin what you need to order is Microbe_lift PL Filterpad Innoculant Gel but a large bottle then read the instructions they will tell you to stop your filter then empty it of water or lift out your filter material either way then let the filter material stand for an hour in the air after you hve applied the gel then put the filter material back into your filter and fill it with water again but not switch it on for about 30 minutes so its sitting in still water .
After that 30 minute period start the filter and away you go .
The Microbe lift guys are experts in bacteria they have a long history with it and its the best thing I know of to seed a filter with helpful bacteria .
I appologise for being upset but I have my reasons it only serves to confuse you and that was what we didnt want for you .
You have to concentrate on getting your pond cycled with all your fish intact not dead as suggested on the other site, ours made it through when we started and we all want the same for you. seeing as you made the mistake of stocking the pond early and all .
So lets get down to business and get your pond propperly cycled and all your fish alive .
I once helped a lady in Plano Texas with her koi on another site many moons ago and we turned it around for her , how far are you away from there my friend ?

Dave
Let me look Into that product and hope they have it at dr foster an. Smith .

The other microbe lift therap seem just about right but let me look for this product!

It's fine , you guys are helping me and it seems like you wasted your time just don't think that way.

Yes sadly I kept them separated for 5-6 days until a fellow racoon came by. Just bought my netting also from fosters.

I am pretty far from Plano hours worth

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Update.
Just ordered
Pond Amquel Plus
Drs. foster and smith live nitrifying bacteria
While at it I purchased praziquantel and melafix.
W/ next day shipping.

Dave I am purchasing the microbe later in a few days, I don't want to overdose all these at the same time. It seems really good too! But from what I read it said it's not made for bacteria but does contain it. I am purchasing it later to add into my pond! Thanks again guys!
See this is what I mean by you becoming confused all these suggestions are from Koiphen , why do you need the Pond Amquel Plus or Prazi Calvin ?
Melafix isnt a treatment we rate the but Dr fosters bacteria is fine if you cant get Microbe_ lifft PL filter pad innoculant gel which we rate as being on a par witrh Dr fosters but have never used because weve not seen it in the UK and thus cant talk you through the proceedures .

Dave.

Last edited:

Ask a Question