1st timer looking for advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is just beautiful. I agree that it is too small for koi. Plants, a mixture of shubunkin and comet goldfish (comets will eat a little string algae), and it will be just gorgeous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
That is a stunning first attempt at a pond! Great work! I would suggest a large fluffy "hanging basket" plant or two that trails over the edge of the pot at the top to hide the top of the waterfall box area a bit better. It's an easy quick fix and if it's a potted plant you just pick it up and set it aside to clean the waterfall box as needed. Then add some water plants and you'll be well on your way!

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is BEAUTIFUL! WOW! I wish I had done something like this (or had the room and talent to do something like this!) when I started my first pond last spring. I have two TINY ponds, one of which is in a storage container, and they are pretty ugly!
My ponds are primarily for plants, and I am hoping dragonflies will move in, though I do have a few "feeder" goldfish that live in the storage container pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my Daughter decided to put a small fish pond in out backyard. She has always been obsessed with fish and animals in general and she is all in and loving the process. I did some research and bought a small pond kit. We are ready to start putting on the finishing touches. I will post some pics. If anyone sees an issue or has any suggestions on how to make it look natural please share.View attachment 126020View attachment 126021View attachment 126022View attachment 126020View attachment 126021View attachment 126022 all in and loving the process. I did some research and bought a small pond kit. We are ready to start putting on the finishing touches. I will post some pics. If anyone sees an issue or has any suggestions on how to make it look natural please share.
The water fall reminds me of my 1st few attempts but I had to down size , I just could not manage to get all the water flowing into the pond, I was losing a good 25% back flowing so I ended up having to add water to the pond every day. Your pond looks magnificent, are the rocks lose or have you bonded them together?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Josh Mauer I’m just now seeing this. Your pond looks nice, and I love the rock work! Do you have any follow-up information to share with us, pictures, have you added fish...?

Ask a Question