80 year old's "economy fix"

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
.... The Business Section of the St. Petersburg ( Florida ) Times asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix The Economy?" A senior citizen around 80 yrs. of age nailed it! Here is what he wrote: Dear Mr. President, Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan": There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed!
2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed!
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed!
It can't get any easier than that!!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes..
OH and Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

Reaction score
.... The Business Section of the St. Petersburg ( Florida ) Times asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix The Economy?" A senior citizen around 80 yrs. of age nailed it! Here is what he wrote: Dear Mr. President, Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan": There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed!
2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed!
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed!
It can't get any easier than that!!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes..
OH and Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

APPLAUSE!!!! LOVE IT!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Amen to that! Waiting for my million now...............won't hold my breath,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And is it 1mil per person or 2 mil per couple cuz if not I might be willing to get a divorce to make it so, lol!

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Thats my home towns rag. (St Pete Times) They are raising sundays paper from $1.00 to $1.50. I see they are doing thier part for the economy.

Ask a Question