TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Don’t ask how I got here, but man This is cracking me up!

why do updates have to exist???

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sadly, I can’t seem to reproduce the same “screen set-up” that these came from. IDK if something in the forum’s format changed, or something changed in the way I personally have my screen. Back then, and this is on my iPad (still using), on the right side of the screen, there would be a list of “new threads”. IOW, it was a list of “new threads” added since my previous visit. They were listed separately from the ongoing list of threads/posts. That was what, 6 years ago, so things change. I did enjoy getting a giggle out of many of the combinations that appeared when the title merged with the user info. No, to be honest.....sometimes I giggled myself into a fit of hysteria!

@TheFishGuy IDK how you got there, either, but glad you did. Gotta love a good blast from the past. @Lisak1 Yes, I agree. Whatever happened to Dave54, and have we learned anything about MitchM? I know that Dave and his wife were troubled with health issues. I follow BigLou and tbendle on FB (t is moving to Hawaii).

Last edited:

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Sadly, I can’t seem to reproduce the same “screen set-up” that these came from. IDK if something in the forum’s format changed, or something changed in the way I personally have my screen. Back then, and this is on my iPad (still using), on the right side of the screen, there would be a list of “new threads”. IOW, it was a list of “new threads” added since my previous visit. They were listed separately from the ongoing list of threads/posts. That was what, 6 years ago, so things change. I did enjoy getting a giggle out of many of the combinations that appeared when the title merged with the user info. No, to be honest.....sometimes I giggled myself into a fit of hysteria!

@TheFishGuy IDK how you got there, either, but glad you did. Gotta love a good blast from the past. @Lisak1 Yes, I agree. Whatever happened to Dave54, and have we learned anything about MitchM? I know that Dave and his wife were troubled with health issues. I follow BigLou and tbendle on FB (t is moving to Hawaii).
I think it has changed from that to "started by" instead of just the members name, still though, these are funny! And how I got here.... I am pretty sure I had something random in my search bar and then I looked up Garden pond forums, and well here I am!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Things were not going well with Dave and Val, the last I remember. I do worry about him. Mitch was working on his clay lined pond, but had hit some road blocks if I recall. I'll have to check when he last posted.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Lisak1 At some point I had Dave friended on FB, but that was long ago. I don’t have a clue what his screen name was or how his account was listed. I’ll look into that. (Found him).

@bettasngoldfish Have you heard anything from Dave? I saw where you posted on his FB timeline a year or so ago? I just sent him a PM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mitch seemed very excited to build his earthen pond, Then he just disappeared he seemed to be the science guy .could have learned a lot . for the short time i was here when he was, Hope alls well. it was back in 2019 @Lisak1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish everyone would delete FB show them where power really is Twitter and google to . hate to push buis to Microsoft but the edge is as good as google

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I keep fb to keep in touch with friends. I’m not big on calling or texting unless it’s for work or close family. And sometimes my old army friends post funny stuff. Or newer friends post issues I can help with ( injuries, how to’s, and so on) I’m no expert, but I have my areas of expertise, and experience, so I give good advice where I can, or just give them a source to vent to. I’m not a fan of those kinds of forums, especially when I look something up on a different web page, then get ads relevant to that search.

Ask a Question