A new fry in the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Took this last night, this is a new fry in front of one of the underwater lights

IMG_3620.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very cute!!!

Did you know you had fry? Or was this a surprise?
I knew. They hide and I only see them at night with a flash light. This one just happen to be in front of the light. There are a few of them in the pond. We have about 30 plus from last year. Hoping we get a butterfly koi fry this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great picture and really pretty fish. Do you think it's a koi? I have been searching my pond the last few days for fry because if they show up it's usually sometime in June but so far nothing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Great picture and really pretty fish. Do you think it's a koi? I have been searching my pond the last few days for fry because if they show up it's usually sometime in June but so far nothing!
Hi Keith

It is possible due to the fact the koi did spawn this year. However most of the other fry are very dark so most likely goldfish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think it will be very nice looking as it gets older. I like the orange around it's midsection. I have a goldfish that had a white stripe around the middle when it was very young. The coloration on it now is really nice. It's right above the two larger orange fish on the right in this picture.
IMG_20140525_120704_588.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like the red & white goldfish w/ their neat patterns. I have a few but most of mine are just plain orange.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I think it will be very nice looking as it gets older. I like the orange around it's midsection. I have a goldfish that had a white stripe around the middle when it was very young. The coloration on it now is really nice. It's right above the two larger orange fish on the right in this picture.View attachment 72022
Very nice looking Keith, It will be fun seeing the little guys grow up and how they look. Last years fry are starting to turn now from that black to orange. There are some very cool looking ones right now but they are still changing. one is all orange with a black tail, very cool looking

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks JW. I got lucky with a few of them. Thanks RobAmy, I had a lot of black fry and still have 7 all black two year old fish. They are not very photogenic and hard to see in my pictures. Every time the black ones started to change colors I always hoped that some black would remain. So far none of the fish have kept any black once they started changing. I have one right now that it's whole belly is orange and the rest is black. The orange keeps creeping up getting larger and larger. I doubt there will be any black when he/she is done changing colors!

Ask a Question