j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now, now John may your MIL rest in peace and you better hope she can't visit you or you will be in a heap of trouble

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Prince of Darkness won't let her go! :devil:
John
I can't believe anyone could be that bad John. She must have had some good in her. She was your lovely wife's mother.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
They were polar opposites, j.w.! MIL swore like a muleskinner, drank like a sailor, smoked like a chimney, and basically hated the entire world, me especially! My sweety, on the other hand, never smoked or swore, drank only in moderation (we quit together for my health), and is everyone's friend. And oh, yes... she loves me!:D:love:
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They were polar opposites, j.w.! MIL swore like a muleskinner, drank like a sailor, smoked like a chimney, and basically hated the entire world, me especially! My sweety, on the other hand, never smoked or swore, drank only in moderation (we quit together for my health), and is everyone's friend. And oh, yes... she loves me!:D:love:
John
Boy did this thread take a turn from a cute little woodchuck/groundhog :)

Reaction score
You are nice to your varmints!!! I am not so nice when they mow down my flowers that I've been watching bud!!!! I had to wait 3 years to see the flowers on one of my plants. Out come the live traps and they get moved, far, far, away. But they do looks cute when the babies sun themselves on my deck.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
:oops: Sorry, RobAmy. Let's just blame it on j.w.!
John
Oh yeah let's just do that and you can take the next one John....................and you know there WILL be a next one as sure as there is bird doo on your car windows there will be a next time :p

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We don't have any of those big plant eating wood chucks around here but I have seen mountain beavers on my walk. They build homes in the side of hills making big holes that erode and down come the trees and all the soil when it rains and floods their tunnels.
This picture was taken off the net:
mtnbeaver1.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I had never heard of the mountain beaver before this! Not a single one of my books has even a reference to them. Now all we need is for RobAmy to post a decent picture of this rat! Most of the pictures I could find look more like a furball.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had never heard of the mountain beaver before this! Not a single one of my books has even a reference to them. Now all we need is for RobAmy to post a decent picture of this rat! Most of the pictures I could find look more like a furball.
John
It's not really a beaver but they just call it that. More like a giant mole. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Beaver

Ask a Question