A

Advertising

Jhn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
It's a monster.....that guy is huge.

Bigger visitor to my pond was my neighbors 100lb. Lab, who decided to plop down and cool off in there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Yeah, he certainly looks intimidating...
He's a steer though (castrated) so he scares away just as easily as the other 20 cows that were with him this morning. One cow actually fell into the pond this morning, and as it was climbing out I'm sure it did some damage to the liner.
Probably give me the reason to get rid of the liner next year and go to bentonite...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
My visitors over the years have been 2 baby bears in my apple tree and 1 of marty's cows and deer and my stinky skunk ..Glad I don't see one of those here

cas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
I was expecting a picture of another moose.... Great picture. Boy those horns are huge.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Darn huge! The deer have hoofed their way out of my pond a few times, so far, even with those sharp hooves, no damage.

cas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Your pictures are never boring. I love it that he stuck around long enough for you to get his picture. And he even looked at the camera! Have you had any moose come back to your pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
I think that steer would let me come up to him and touch him, if I was patient enough. I wouldn't want to be in the way of those horns though if he turned his head suddenly.
We haven't seen moose here in a while, the grizzly bear population is increasing (that's a good thing) so we've seen more of those lately. Maybe that's why no moose.
No bears in the yard yet though, that I know of.

Reactions: cas
A

Advertising

Ask a Question