An Ulcer

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Thanks @Meyer Jordan ... that's the answer I was hoping for. He seems to be happy & healthy, so I was hopeful that there's no harm in leaving the protrusions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No idea what it is but would leave it alone as Meyer suggests.

Do you have a full body picture of the koi in the middle of your photo? I love the black around the eye. Looks like the pectoral fins are yellow? It might just be the picture though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@bettasngoldfish , that's Whitey, our Kikokuryu. He's very cool-looking! There is a bold yellow spot on each pectoral, which I just love! This video highlights him all over pretty well. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes leave the bones where they are Cnote let the wound heal completely before you attempt anything with these two bones .
By the way have you any idea whre they are from on the koi are they?
I've a feeling that these are possibly ribs that are sticking out from the area of the wound , the question is what to do with them after wards ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Try a 15 minutes permanganate bath with plenty of air works wonders but be careful to much and not enough air will kill the fish but its about the strongest thing on the market it will strip the fish of everything I get a small tank measures the water amount and keep a very close eye out and then back into the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
I thought I had updated this with the final results, but I guess I forgot to! No sign of any bone protrusions now. In fact, no sign whatsoever that the fish ever had an ulcer at all! Smooth, white, healthy skin now. These are the best pics I could get. Compared to the original first pic I posted, it's amazing!

potato1.jpeg
potato2.jpeg

Ask a Question