Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Here is a picture of Andreas, the turtle that recently came into the rescue with the shell fractures. He is still on meds and so basically he is just chilling out because frankly he is a little high lol. I got his CF scutes cured last night and epoxied them on this morning so his shell is sealed now and he can get in the water for short periods each day (20 min 3 - 4 times daily). Any longer than about 20 minutes and the carbon fiber will get saturated and could get infected. Also have to treat the water with a disinfectant and change it daily. In the mean time he has a modified dry terrarium that is in my studio so he is pretty much with me all day lol (he is staring at me as I type this :D ) Anyway here is the image and if you look at the back-left of his shell you can see the blackish-gray spots that is the custom shell patching I made and the dark line is where it epoxy bonds to the natural scutes. Some of the fractures were narrow enough to require only epoxy which is very dark black. I have the areas marked in orange in this image as well as others that are more gory for his file and evidence in-case prosecution is taken because the patching is by design supposed to blend so digitally marking it makes it easier to see. You can also see a contrast because the carbon fiber is dull and does not have the same sheen as natural shell.
c8344245-7d52-46fd-8f91-c70c6538d242.jpg

Ask a Question