Another newbie - tiny urban garden pond in London

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I've just put in a tiny pond in our tiny urban garden in London and to my delight it has already been colonised by three frogs. My main gardening aim is to create a space that is good for the wildlife, and this is the same with our pond. I used a rigid liner but now I've done it I realise the liner (which is old) is warped and consequently I can't cover the rim on one side. This looks very ugly, so I plan to take it out over Winter and replace it with a soft liner.

We have miniature waterlillies, water hyacinths, some other oxygenating plants and water forget-me-nots.

I am completely new to making my own pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and a potted plant may help to hide the warp .A plant that trails over the side of the pot would look good and give creatures a place to hide .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
welcome and a potted plant may help to hide the warp .A plant that trails over the side of the pot would look good and give creatures a place to hide .
I've got ivy growing, which I'm trying to get to trail in the right way, but the only thing is ivy is really thirsty, so I don't want it to drain the pond!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
phlox is nice if you can get it there ,they have a creeping kind and a tall kind .I like it better than ivy because it does not take over .It comes in several colors and stay green but is easy to trim and soft to the touch

Attachments

• april 2016 property 008.JPG
    april 2016 property 008.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 231
  • april 2016 property 032.JPG
    april 2016 property 032.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 219

Ask a Question