Antlers???????

Reaction score
is it ok to use a set of antlers for a waterfall.. i know it may sound weird but i have an old set i found years ago been kept along with many spearpoints in my shed , i know that antlers are/were organic material so could they be a cause for algae build up ?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not sure, they may break down with the constant water contact. You could try them and see.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would give it a shot and just watch and see if they break down and if they do you could always pull them out.

Reaction score
seeing algae appear on the antlers , but i figure the dripping is like a feed source for the Plecostomus (o.k i know i'm spelling it correctly now why does this site insinuate i am not? )

Reaction score
As soon as my son gets back with his ipod thingy i shall take some pictures for you folks ..(i keep wanting to say "you guys " but out of respect for the ladies present i will use the word ""folks"" "

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't think it is the site, more of a net spell check, I get the same even in emails, doesn't know the word therefore spelled wrong

Nice textured surface + water = algae ..........................

Reaction score
watching the green slowly dissipate will see the bottom of the pond soon i'm hoping , I do know this though , my plecostomus are/is getting big , i say are/is because i only see one at a time ever ..

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The water wont hurt the horns ..just watch the squirrels they love to chew em

Reaction score
Unrelated to the antlers, but I think you can right-click on pleco (I'm not gonna try to spell it! LOL) and add it to your dictionary, it won't appear as misspelled afterward. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gohip

Latest Threads