Anxious to see everybody's pond pictures

Reaction score
27goldfish said:
*Hotspurdotus, I like the idea a lot!!! Is this after the expansion?

Yeah, you can see the original poured concrete pond below.

1_30267_389713302662_526342662_4014563_5153577_n.jpg

27goldfish said:
Is the top a bog set up? Very nice!!!

No, its simply another pool right now. The water is pumped up into it through a hole I made in the concrete. It's relatively fishless right now, just a few fry that must have gotten sucked up through the pump.

I hadn't though about making it a bog; I might have to look at that as a possibility for the future.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is nice, good job. Since you are pumping up from the bottom you could do a bog if you wished, they grow nice plants.

Reaction score
Good work . I have always liked the raised circuler stone or brick design for a pond . Don't know why, must be some burried childhood memory . Hope to build one like that some day , I can see the whole design in my head . Don't know why.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sissy, tell me more about your pump in filter! Do you have a link about it? Sounds easy, and I like easy! Since I'm just starting my dig, I love to hear about ways to clean filters out. You just put a pump in the bottom of your filter? Tell more, or please direct me to where you discussed it in the past. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
I'm using her filter without the cleaning pump, but basically it is a mini version of the Birdman Sand Filter. If you search the net it will come right up. You just scale it down to a 5 gallon bucket. I just made a hole in the side at the bottom and have my fountain bypass water going into it. Cleared up my murky well water in 2-3 days!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it is just a dirty water pump in the bottom of my tub at the top of my waterfall and I put it on the bottom of it because it was hard to get to the cleanout because my pond is made from retaining wall block .I left an opening but to turn the valve on anf off I was scrapping my knuckles on the block so I came up with that .I just plug it in to clean the gunk from the bottom of the filter while I'm running water from my hose through the top .And I have a hose on the pump to put it into a bucket to put the gunk on my flowers.Try to get better pic later

Attachments

• new pond filter working 003.jpg
    new pond filter working 003.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 224

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat idea sissy, good way to clean it out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sissy, better yet, do a video! Someone else did a video showing how he cleaned out his filter system. Have someone help you, if need be. That would be soooo helpful for those of us still learning how things go together! Pictures would be great, too. Thanks so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubble1982

Latest Threads