Big change in my life

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello fellow pond keepers. How I enjoy my pond, and seeing all of yours. I will have more time for my pond now. Aug 8 I lost my husband after many years of his illnesses. He is out of pain now. I was his nurse for the last 10 years of our almost 50 year marriage. He was 83, I am much younger. So you should see a lot more of me here now, he enjoyed my pond by looking out windows at it. Good thing I built it close to the house. He will be interred at a veteran's cemetery near our city on Friday. He was a 20 year Air Force vet.
Barb

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So sorry to hear, I can understand the care I had a disabled hubby for around 15 years, we were married 18 years. He was always in pain.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So very sorry and hope you are doing ok. Prayers to you and your family.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I am sorry for your loss, and look forward to seeing your pond and garden grow in his memory. I'm sure it was a great comfort to him to have such a serene scene out his window during his final months.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sorry for your loss @BarbO. I hope you're doing OK and we are certainly here to talk ponds and keep each other entertained!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you my pond friends. The past sad days I have spent some nice hours sitting by my pond watching fish and enjoying my little waterfall. It is so calming.
Barb

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@BarbO I think many of us have taken solace in our ponds during hard times. I know I've spent many, many days just sitting and staring at my fish during recent months. It is indeed peaceful and calming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad to hear that you’ve already made the connections you need to have him placed in a military cemetery.

Ask a Question