Bloodworms

Reaction score
Country
United States
So string algae has decided to take residence in my pond. I decided to take a scotch brite pad and just knock the majority of it off. A couple of swipes and I noticed the fish were going crazy. Usually they hide when they see me. I took a look at the pad and it had a couple small red worms on it. I learned these are small bloodworms and the fish absolutely love them. So cool now I cant wait for the algae to grow back.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a hobby I fell into. Very welcomed hobby now. I look forward to checking out the fish after work. My cheap little feeder goldfish have doubled in size and now have beautiful colors. I see now why I was told this pond is to small. Soon they will grow out of it. I already have and I'm making plans for a larger more serious pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I see now why I was told this pond is to small. Soon they will grow out of it. I already have and I'm making plans for a larger more serious pond.
This seems to be a common theme with ponding. I built my first pond 4 years ago and built it larger than I originally planned. Now four years later I just finished a rebuild almost doubling the ponds volume. The funny thing I was looking at the pond the other day and was thinking I could of made the pond even larger. When I shared this thought with my wife I got that stare.....you know the one that without words tells you to get that crazy thought out of your head!!

Ask a Question