Bog building, also called upflow filter, eco filter, wetland filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addys bog is i believe close to 4 feet deep all gravel mine is 6 to 7 feet with aquablocks but i do have a secondary bog with 18 inches deep or so just incase I needed to eork on the main bog . That way I still had some filtration thats only an 8 by 6 bog two pipes if I remember correctly

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
addys bog is i believe close to 4 feet deep all gravel mine is 6 to 7 feet with aquablocks but i do have a secondary bog with 18 inches deep or so just incase I needed to eork on the main bog . That way I still had some filtration thats only an 8 by 6 bog two pipes if I remember correctly
Wow! I could neverjj be imagine going that deep unless I had a nice little digger like addy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used heavy equipment as well. I used the shovel a lot but as little as necessary. My soils were loaded with sharp rocks. We spent hours digging up rocks and hand tamping untill we had a relatively smooth surface.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I used heavy equipment as well. I used the shovel a lot but as little as necessary. My soils were loaded with sharp rocks. We spent hours digging up rocks and hand tamping untill we had a relatively smooth surface.
Our soul is hard to dig through ( red clay) but there aren’t many rocks and it is really easy to sculpt, so that makes things relatively easier in the long run

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have demo hammers in all sizes and weights. There you can put a chisel point on and it an break up the clay for you makes it much quicker and easier.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
They have demo hammers in all sizes and weights. There you can put a chisel point on and it an break up the clay for you makes it much quicker and easier.
I have a polaski, or pickaxe or whatever you wanna call it, there is noo way I could do with just a shovel. That would take me literally years!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
OK i have been in the trades my hole life never heard of a saw jaw......
It is what the hubby calls this , so for me it was what I typed without thinking about it!
1602355642911.png

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nope never heard of a chop saw or a side chop saw or a compond miter chop saw i believe i own 4.
I have been all over the country and have learned some areas call things differently like a skill saw a a circular saw to a hand saw or spin saw. All depends where you are.

It is interesting how things are called differently, here in Maryland we call the skill saws you were referring to skill or circular saws. Chop saws can be numerous things around here like a compound miter saw or a gas powered cut off saw is also called a chop saw.
It is what the hubby calls this , so for me it was what I typed without thinking about it!
View attachment 134536
haha that is a saw zaw or at least that is what we call it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow! I could neverjj be imagine going that deep unless I had a nice little digger like addy
We could not even put in a tree without a digger. Our soil is a bit of dirt with a whole lot of shale, some ridges of rocks, a hard dig.
The ponds are hubbies fault, he bought me the tractor. So I started diggin and kept diggin.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
24 inches hurts cause I am putting the pond liner in today, marking the end of digging
I have a lot of plants that do shallow roots. Water willow, mint, obedient plant, marsh bentomy, lizard tail, blue forget me not, all are real easy to yank out. Even yellow flag iris can be dug out pretty easy. I removed grasses and rush that were making deep roots and trying to take over.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
We could not even put in a tree without a digger. Our soil is a bit of dirt with a whole lot of shale, some ridges of rocks, a hard dig.
The ponds are hubbies fault, he bought me the tractor. So I started diggin and kept diggin.
it all hubbys fault, hmm maybe I could use that one but with my sister....

Its all my sisters fault... ummmmm she sits in her bed all day on her phone........ yeah

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I have a lot of plants that do shallow roots. Water willow, mint, obedient plant, marsh bentomy, lizard tail, blue forget me not, all are real easy to yank out. Even yellow flag iris can be dug out pretty easy. I removed grasses and rush that were making deep roots and trying to take over.
I will see, I am also really still considering how I want to do it, so I could maybe go like 12 inches above ground 12 below.......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is interesting how things are called differently, here in Maryland we call the skill saws you were referring to skill or circular saws. Chop saws can be numerous things around here like a compound miter saw or a gas powered cut off saw is also called a chop saw. GAS POWERED IS A DEMO SAW YOUD' NEVER USE IF FOR MUCH ELSE BESIDES CUTTING ROCK AND BRICK

haha that is a saw zaw or at least that is what we call it .... WE CALL IT A SAWS ALL

Ask a Question