Bullfrogs eating fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I was really excited to have a bull frog. I've always loved frogs and toads. But, this particular guy was regularly killing birds.....and I felt bad as I've got bird feeders and plants to attract birds. The birds also love bathing in the waterfall and bog. I just felt Mr. Big was too big a frog in a small pond...kind of like sitting at an all you can eat buffet - LOL !

I still have other frogs in the pond, which makes me happy...think they are green frogs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was really excited to have a bull frog. I've always loved frogs and toads. But, this particular guy was regularly killing birds.....and I felt bad as I've got bird feeders and plants to attract birds. The birds also love bathing in the waterfall and bog. I just felt Mr. Big was too big a frog in a small pond...kind of like sitting at an all you can eat buffet - LOL !

I still have other frogs in the pond, which makes me happy...think they are green frogs.
I have no idea what Jeremiah eats. He lives in our small biofall box & that's not an area that the birds regularly hang out near (they tend to drink/bathe in the upper pool area) He's big, but we've had other bullfrogs that were much larger who just... aren't around anymore. I sort of think that once they reach a certain size they move on because the prey/food source in our relatively small pond & garden can't support them anymore. I dunno?? This time of year the foliage is so thick it's hard to know who's around & who isn't anymore. I haven't seen a pickerel frog in ages, but I'm sure some are still around.

Ask a Question