Canada, selling a house with a pond increases the property value or not?

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We will be selling this house in fall of 2018. Has anyone in Canada actually received extra for a backyard pond and landscaping?

Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Our landsaping was a drawback when we sold our house in Calgary. It was professionaly done, too.
It limits the number of people your house appeals to.
Landscaping and ponds are a personal thing.
Welcome back, btw.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Our house had a pond and extensive landscaping when we looked at it. My hubby and I ( not married yet) loved each other and the house so much....he proposed in the back yard....and the rest is history! I think it just takes the right buyer :)

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Our landsaping was a drawback when we sold our house in Calgary. It was professionaly done, too.
It limits the number of people your house appeals to.
Landscaping and ponds are a personal thing.
Welcome back, btw.:)
Thanks glad to see the smiling faces here again lol. So you took a hit on re-sale or was it a non matter, just took longer to sell? A pond included?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
No, we sold back in 2006 when the economy was smoking hot. Homes were going for hundreds of thousands of dollars above asking.
We took the money and ran for the hills. (Mind you, house prices haven't lowered all that much since then)
But the few people that tried to get a reduction in price sited the landscaping as a drawback.
No pond at the Calgary house. Our pond here is more of a way to attract diversity to the area. I'm not so much into the fish themselves, although they are the beneficiary of the pond that is here.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes those were good days. That idiot Bush sure helped us with the gas prices rising, but to bad USA took a hit in 2007/2008.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Well, what Bush did is done, we can't take it back. We should just let the middle east take care of themselves. It's a different culture. The West has no business messing with it.
I wish the world leaders would stop messing with currency markets. It's creating a right mess. Someone needs to hit the reset button and let market conditions take care of themselves.
Plus someone needs to take the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) to task. There are rules in place that would have prevented a lot of the mess we are in now.

THEN, and ONLY THEN there can be more ponds!:D

Ask a Question