Concrete pond sealing tips in Australia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
I have been struggling to find some information and i am hoping u can help out :)

We are currently rebuilding a 3 tier concrete pond, it will roughly be around 12000ltrs when its finished, the concreting has been finished and now i am chasing some advise and info on what would be the best way, product and color to use to seal it.
I have looked around and found some products like Pond Armor and Crommelin but haven't seen any feed back that its used in Aust...

If anyone could point me in the right direction would be appreciated muchly.

Thanks Roger

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are spray on materials like pickup truck bed liners that work great as well , i would go black

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Train Welcome2.gif
@regor
Whatever color you use will be covered in carpet algae so a dark color would work best. Carpet algae is a good thing to have on the sides and bottom of the pond. I know nothing about sealers for concrete, sorry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I used troweled on RapidSet mortar mix to seal my concrete block pond. It is similar to portland cement products but is stronger, doesn't shrink and is water proof. It also preserves the concrete finish making it easy for future repairs unlike most coatings.

I have no idea if it is available in Australia. Here in the USA it is available at Home Depot and Lowes.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
thanks for the input, spent countless hours researching and talking to people who have a few pond in QLD...
I have decide to use black and am going with gripset with a green fiber primer it helps with sealing cracks and is also flexible so will help with nay concrete movements..
Hello and welcome! What part of Australia?
i am in qld

Thanks for all the help :)

Ask a Question