Dirty Water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry for the long post. Does anyone know how long my decorative goldfish can stay out of the pond without water flowing? I have them in a bucket now.
I certainly hope you have provided them with an air stone ? And if there going to be in this bucket for long why not get them something a little larger and less stressful

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I certainly hope you have provided them with an air stone ? And if there going to be in this bucket for long why not get them something a little larger and less stressful
oppps do I feel a bit slow

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Donna F - you're responding to an 8 year old thread, which is fine as long as you don't expect a response from any of the original posters!

And this is good evidence that these threads can be valuable far into the future!

Thanks, I didn't pay any attention to the date. Mostly just venting anyway. The clear water got me very excited.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I have a very few large stones on the bottom of my pond. They are there because they serve a purpose.
Pumps, and whatnot sit on them, so they are not directly on the bottom. And there is a couple of cement blocks, which serve as dual purpose, "hidy holes" for the fish, and keep things off the bottom as well.
I cleaned out my header pond last week. pumped it dry, and got all the sediment out. The stream bed is full of pea gravel, and should have been cleaned out at that time, but time didn't allow it. I did manage to hose it down, thus removing a bunch of sediment, but it's far from being "clean". Now I've gotta get to the big pond. I'll find a way to vacuum it like one would do a swimming pool.

Ask a Question