DIY Pond Vacuum for less than $20

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve always struggled with keeping my pond free of dirt and debris. I’ve yet to purchase a full blown pond vac and tried the shop vac route. The repetitive task of emptying the tank every 30 seconds made it quite an undertaking.

I purchased this Venturi pool Vac for about $14 and it’s powered simply by a garden hose. It surprisingly worked well and gets the leaves and large debris out with little effort. However the attached net would let dirt and debris pass and it would just be spread and the settle to the bottom making the pond still appear dirty.

I decided to buy a cheap $3 water filter and attach it to the portion of the vac where debris is captured. After just 2 minutes I cleaned all the dirt and fine particles making the pond look very clean.

Below is the contraption and how it appeared after a few minutes as well as the pond after the cleaning.

https://imgur.com/gallery/shntzqa

Ask a Question