Do you know what this is?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well then that makes sense TM. I don't know what I'd do w/o seafood. Do you TM and do you Lou like Lobster and Crab? If not than forever hold your peace and I now pronounce you ex-southerners for life :LOL:
I like crab and shrimp, but again, not an LA native..... I think it's what you grow up with, and the only fish I grew up with was Friday school lunch -- fish sticks, LOL! I was an Air Force Brat: Arkansas Mom and Ohio (transplanted to CA) Dad, so had no real regional exposure or favorites.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Crawfish boil's are the best. I don't suck the heads but do love to eat the tiny tails. Add some Andouille sausage and some corn and potatoes and you've got a yummy meal. They serve it on a plywood table with a hole cut in the middle for the empty bodies. It is truly a unique southern dish.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Crawfish boil's are the best. I don't suck the heads but do love to eat the tiny tails. Add some Andouille sausage and some corn and potatoes and you've got a yummy meal. They serve it on a plywood table with a hole cut in the middle for the empty bodies. It is truly a unique southern dish.
Or served on a cardboard box cut-out tray :)

Crawfish boils are big Southern social events! (My hubby is from MS, where they call them crawfish "bowls," LOL! Took me a while to figure out his pronunciation of "boil"!)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If I can ever find any I will give them a try!
Well, plan a trip to our part of the country next year, oh, around May..... Maybe New Orleans. The temps & humidity haven't cranked up too much that early on, but there will be plenty of fresh crawfish! Maybe we can plan a GPF meet!! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My dad would not eat anything that had a shell. No crabs, no shrimp, no lobster. I never tasted them or wonderful rare meat until I left home for college. My mom cooked meat until it was like leather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ART777

Latest Threads