Emergency ... pond drained overnight!

Reaction score
I have a 50-gallon plastic tub pond on my patio. When I woke up this morning, I found that the water sprout connected to the pump/filter had been tipped over against the side of the tub so the water was being pumped OUT of the pond.

There was about 3 inches of water left in the pond; just enough to cover the fish. I have to do this by buckets, but I got about 20 gallons back in there so far. Should I be treating the water with something since I'm basically starting over? I added some beneficial bacteria, but should I add something else? I didn't lose any fish, thankfully, but I'm desperate to make sure they survive this shock. I'm a total newbie so any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Okay, I have a water conditioner that says it makes tap water safe for the fish ... I think that's the same thing. I'll add that in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Accidents happen but your taking all he right actions but you need to secure that pump so you dont get a re-run of this accident again

Dave

Ask a Question