Extra fish appeared

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had to change my pond due to a leak, when I removed the fish I found 3 extra small orange Fish with black dots on there back just behind the dorsal fin all the same.there about 3" long and look healthy but are a completely different colour to the gold fish and look more like the golden orf, I had a lot of activity last year ( fish chasing each other) and I've noticed the same activity today but the water has turned milky. It was clean water that I added yesterday what do you think it is, the water had turned milky in the leaking pool 2 days ago but previously was crystal clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No I've not added any treatments at all. I've just watched 5 fish chasing one very fat goldfish and when it stopped the other fish just got either side of the fish waiting for the one fish to swim off again. Should I remove the fat one?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Please give us more info....what exactly have you done, changed a preformed pool for another due to it leaking, you dont say exactly? Did you refill and put the fish back in straight away? Size of pond, type of fish and amounts...???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The fat goldfish most likely is a female with eggs. They chase her so they can push her eggs out. The milky stuff probably is from the males. This is nature in action. Soon you might have some little goldfish!

Ask a Question