Frogzilla

Reaction score
Hi j.w. Thanks for the pumpkin welcome ! I also have a golden named "goldie" ...

And JB, thanks for the welcome. You have a beautiful pond there ... Great picture, and i see from the corner that you are a photographer so you'll have to stop by my house in Boston next time you are in the area so I can get some good pic's of my pond !!

Thanks, Steve

Reaction score
I am not sure if this will help you or not but Walmart carries a floating alligator with eyes that light up red if you choose to turn them on. It was $20. I got one and it is cool. It did take in a bit of water though. Might help you keep the bad guys away.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome! Sometimes you have to take what the members here say with a grain of salt, LOL :) ! Do you really want to know what one of the first things a new ponder will say? "I shoulda made it bigger!" But, hey, half the fun is in the dreaming & planning, sooo.... There's nothing wrong with a cute pond!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cute does not mean little in my opinion it means you made it look nice .The bunny the angel and the pumpkin mean cute

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome and I love your pond! Bigger is not always better….my pond is 1700 gallons and for awhile I kept thinking I should have gone bigger, but now, it's all I can handle:) Kim

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
feel the same way tula .Mine is around 7 thousand gallons by the pond chart and it is all I can handle or have time for .You have to think about what you have time for

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group, beautiful pond you have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
Very nice pond, don't know what you can do about "frogzilla" but am I the only one who noticed the cool hockey stick bench...sorry my Canadian is showing!! :cold:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BlueOrca said:
Very nice pond, don't know what you can do about "frogzilla" but am I the only one who noticed the cool hockey stick bench...sorry my Canadian is showing!! :cold:
That is really neat! and no I did not notice it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I believe you. This guy caught a bird a day for a few weeks this summer. I don't mind him catching and eating them - a guy's gotta eat! - but the catch and "release" (aka spit the now dead bird out into the pond) was annoying. They are fascinating to watch when they are stalking their dinner - they look more like a cat than a frog!

One day he got tired of the birds and that was it. Life at the pond went on! image.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, thanks for the compliments and tips ! I really appreciate it ... I've been looking around at pictures and you all have great ponds !

Lisak1 - That frog picture is awesome :) .... Did you take it ?

BlueOrca - Canadians or MapleLeafs??? Bruins here ... My pond and that stick bench unfortunately have a tragic background... My 19 year old son Stephen, ( www.stephendame.org) died in an accident in 2008. He was an outstanding hockey player and I made the pond as a memorial place his friends could visit. His team mates and coaches donated sticks to make that hockey stick bench ...

Dave from Indiana - going from 7000 to 19000 gallons .. .awesome. I couldn't see any pictures, maybe I'm missing something so I'll keep looking ....

Addy1 - Thanks !

Mmathis - Ya, i guess 'should've made it bigger' is the number one line around here .. :)

Just plowed out from the storm last night here in Boston .... Gonna look around the site now at the ponds and dream about spring ....

Thanks ! Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20131215_082555.jpg
    IMG_20131215_082555.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 147
Reaction score
Dave's pond Indiana said:
I would like to post some pictures of my pond if I can ever figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I post my pictures to Photobucket from my phone and then you go to photobucket and then I copy the IMG link which you can post right here in the thread. The picture should show up after you hit "post" or you can go to "more reply options" where you can "preview post" to see if the picture loaded properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bikmann

Latest Threads