Frogzilla

Reaction score
Hi, I just found this forum today and love it. They ask that we make an introduction post so I thought I'd put in a story from my pond this past summer. I'm just north of Boston, MA and have a small ~600 gallon pond with 25+ fish .. I was sitting at the pond during the summer and saw a sparrow taking a birdbath on the slate at the waterfall when a bullfrog comes out of the top filter container and eats the bird whole ... I know, horrible story to start with but other friends I've told don't believe me and wanted to see if anyone else had big bullfrogs in their pond .. I've posted a couple of pictures here of my small pond and a picture of the mean bullfrog that i got a couple of days after he ate the bird ....

I've spend the past hour looking at all the great ponds you all have ... All i can think is that I should have built a bigger pond !!

- Steve Frogzilla.jpgSteve's Pond.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome!

Your pond is beautiful and so cute :) I like the pumpkin lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well hello and guessing you may be getting storm electra (weird name )have to ask what are the orange looking flowers in your pond .That by the way is 1 pretty pond .I had to get rid of frogs to many and ate a baby fish right in front of me .He went bye bye .

Reaction score
Hi Nepen, Dave and Sissy, Thanks for the welcome ... However, now that Nepen has called my pond "cute", I know I have to triple the size in the spring, so I'll be asking for advice :) ... as for those orange flowers in the pond, sorry to say they are fake, but the ones on the waterfall are cut orange roses ....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh no you don't want a cute pond .how big and deep is wait a minute have to now add what do you mean you have an angel and a rabbit geeze how cute can that be .

Reaction score
Not sure of exact length and width, probably 14 long by 7 wide.. At its deepest its less than 24" but the fish have done great over the past 5 winters ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and because you don't want a cute pond you want to triple it or is that an excuse to go bigger

Reaction score
I know ... so we have the frogs eating fish and birds, the snakes eating the frogs, the blue heron eating the fish, the racoons eating the snakes , etc... etc ... dangerous out there :) You can see my fake blue heron in this picture that is supposed to keep the real ones away ... nope...

Steve's Pond.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
sdame and had to use pumpkins in your welcome cuz of your neat pumpkin pond :biggrin:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums!

Unlike many forums, this is a friendly place. People will try to answer any of you questions the best the can. I've learned quite a bit since I signed up. Can't say I used the info I learned, but its still been interesting to see what others do!

I've heard a lot of bad things about Bull Frogs and hoping they dont go after my fish. I will be keeping an eye on Jeremiah.

IMG_0328 copy.jpg

By the way, you have an awesome pond. That is the ideal size of a pond I hope to have someday. Until then, my 400g pond will do just fine!

IMG_5929 copy.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads