sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never eaten meat and always eaten lots of veggies and fruit .I am veggieaholic and fruitaholic .No soda either yuck ,I can't even stand the smell of it .As a child though I used to like when we went to the Millville fair in PA and then had to have home made birch beer and go on the carousel .5 cents for each and it was a memory I shared with both my sons .They had to go up to ride the carousel 25 cents when my oldest road it and 50 cents when my youngest rode it .Prices go up .the best memory ever .I can remember standing on the bench's waiting for my turn to get n and watching my favorite horse
101_0551.JPG

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I agree with you on this one, @MitchM ! We cook all our meals; stay away from restaurants, fast food and processed food; shop around the perimeter of the grocery store; and have cut out as much added/hidden sugars as possible. Not only have we lost weight, but our blood results have shown good improvement (liver enzymes, HDL/LDL, Triglicerides, etc.) and we have so much energy, stamina and clear thinking.

Did you know the FDA's new nutrition guidelines (to be put into effect soon) are going to require companies to not just list the sugars, but how much of those sugars is added to the product.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
About 40 years ago when they decided fat was responsible for all the heart health problems (btw...based on faulty research of one man who skewed the data), America and their food companies went on a low fat diet. What happens? When you take fat out of food, it loses taste and texture. So, they replaced the taste and texture with chemical flavorings and tons of sugar. Now, new research is indicating that sugar (particularly sucrose...which can be on ingredient labels under 40 different names) is making America sicker. There has been a sharp rise in diabetes in the past 40 years, and heart disease has not dropped. It is recommended that American males only eat 9 teaspoons a day of sugar and American females only eat 6 teaspoons a day of sugar. The average American averages over 20+ teaspoons a day. Most of this sugar glut that Americans are eating is in the form of "hidden sugars" added to foods to give them texture and taste. Most foods labeled as "healthy" in your grocery store are loaded with added sugars.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that car was not bought in my 20's................

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
lmao, a bit, but I can still mow our acres, pull weeds, raise bees, take care of the pond. Age does not matter.
;), I was LOLing at the time also. Age seems to have no effect on my mind and soul but my body's almost used up.
Broke this, broke that, had some things removed from my body, never the same in older years. I can still walk, but hiking and long distance shopping are out of the question. I miss my mobility really, constant state of inflammation still have decent energy just not many ways to expel it. The gym is my friend, with it's easy riding bikes and adjustable weights, you can't adjust a pond rock, it is what it is. Wish I could landscape like I used too.:(:(:notworthy:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
happy early birthday peter .People always tell me as they pass by the house they stop and say you put me to shame and at your age you should not be doing hat .But they never offer to do it for me ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I meant to add earlier, my dad always used to say "getting old is great... it's way better than the alternative!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
59....60 at the end of this summer! We too avoid restaurants and processed foods. My interest in cooking has returned and I've learned a lot about cooking vegan meals, as my daughter is a vegan.

Between, daily exercise and healthy eating, I feel good.......except I sprained my ankle Sat. :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
59....60 at the end of this summer! We too avoid restaurants and processed foods. My interest in cooking has returned and I've learned a lot about cooking vegan meals, as my daughter is a vegan.

Between, daily exercise and healthy eating, I feel good.......except I sprained my ankle Sat. :eek:

(y)
(except for your sprained ankle!)

Ask a Question