Got The Pond Pumps Going Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It was a nice 76 degree's F here in Leo, Indiana today. Left work at noon so I could get the pumps and filters running. The first problem I encountered was the Simer brand 6000GPH pump that I run in the skimmer box wouldn't run. So off to Menards I went to exchange the pump for a new one (Simer has a 3 year warranty on their pumps, and I bought the original one in September 2015). I got the free exchange, and got it plumbed in. The old Barracuda 6000GPH pump in the bog filter that runs to the waterfall fired up without issue; but the 28 gallon filter box that the Cuda pumps from the bog to decided have a "blow-out" at the bottom of the tank. So, I decided to order a full-round 50 gallon rain barrel to build a filter. My question to anyone that is familiar with a "barrel filter" is does the floor scrubber material work and is it safe?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
You must keep us updated!

I will ! We hope to have it up and running this week. Hubby has built a special enclosure for it, which has been time consuming, but we wanted something aesthetically pleasing to hide it........55 gallon barrels are not a thing of beauty - LOL !

Ask a Question