Green water issue

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a pond that's about 150gallon or so. I have a bio filter connected to a water filter in it. For a while the water has been pea soup green. I had posted in some other forums a while back and they recommended that I pick up a UV light. I did not do that until just recently. I cleared the whole pond out aside from about the last inch of water which I kept filtering out manually until I had that clear. I refilled the whole pond, treated it, cycled it, placed the UV fountain in and then started it running. In the past whenever I cleaned out the pond with green water, it would be back within a few days (week tops). This time it was the next day it was already starting to get cloudy.

I’ve put the UV light in (it’s a light+pump+fountain all in one). Was that the wrong thing to get? Is there something else I can do?

Let me know what other information if any you need to help me answer that question.

Thanks

Ask a Question