Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Happy St Patricks day to you all too!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Happy St Patrick's Day to you! Chrystal clear water (thanks to my skippies) and a normal golden colored beer in hand. Enjoy your day folks!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no! no! no! its just a coincidence that you made the skippies started them up and a few days later your water is crystal clear...ask waterbug.... yours, mine baeyas,( who had her pond for 9 years and never had clear water). until she built my version of the skippy. and her water cleared in 4 days. or any of the other number of people who finally are enjoyng their ponds that claim its the filter. its just a coincidental occurance because skippy style filters are a joke, pretty much useless. and people are giving the filter credit for what would have happened anyways! this from a guy who doidnt even know skippies are upflow filters.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yikes are you drinking the green beer now koiguy............boy you are speaking your mind on this one aren't ya,LOL!
Sometimes there comes a time when ya just have to tell it like it is right ;)

keglep.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
no! no! no! its just a coincidence that you made the skippies started them up and a few days later your water is crystal clear...ask waterbug.... yours, mine baeyas,( who had her pond for 9 years and never had clear water). until she built my version of the skippy. and her water cleared in 4 days. or any of the other number of people who finally are enjoyng their ponds that claim its the filter. its just a coincidental occurance because skippy style filters are a joke, pretty much useless. and people are giving the filter credit for what would have happened anyways! this from a guy who doidnt even know skippies are upflow filters.

Funny thing is I purchased peat/barley extract and activated charcoal but have not used any of it. The only thing I have done is started running the skippies (I wanted to see what effect they would have without trying anything else at the same time).

Of course the warm weather is not here yet so it is yet to be determined if I will need the peat/barley and charcoal, but at this point I doubt I will.

Cheers!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If I needed a filter, it would be a skippy style. I did make one sort of like that to get of the pea gravel dust, when we first turned on the pond, it cleared up the dust in about 3 days. Now I have this nicely made filter I never use lol, my bog does the job and does it well.

Ask a Question