Hello again

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Bullfrog, a friend of JW's. She told me about this place and I registered a while back but have been just a little busy. We moved to the country and I had to hook two mobile homes up to electricity, water and sewer. I had to do one septic system completely from the start. Then I had to stretch fence and a lot of other things but we are settled in now.

I was a paramedic for 18 years but recently came across a 550 pound woman who said that she couldn't even wiggle over onto our stretcher so we had to lift her. I know she had to get up to eat, she didn't get that big by osmosis, and she had to get up to go to the bathroom but she couldn't even scoot across the bed to get on our stretcher? Anyway, I'm too old for that so I'm now selling new Toyotas in a nearby town.

I have written three novels, two of them are published on Amazon as ebooks and the paperbacks will be out soon. JW appears in them as the adventurous "Angelica" as does my wife, a friend from another ponding forum "Jean Pierre" and many other friends and family members. You can see the first book here..http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Min...m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1304506725&sr=1-3

Or you can check out my website at...http://ratsnest.weebly.com

I will be doing a complete "Ugly yard makeover" and putting in a pond very soon and will photo document it from the start to the finish. I look forward to meeting you all over again and getting tips for my pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome again! friend of jws! look forward to your progress.

I can just imagine jw as a character in a book!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey Bullfrog, so good to see you here again.
I can't wait to get your book w/ my special autograph from you! Maybe you can share some of your talents of writing here so everyone can check it out. Everyone here is really cool and can help you out w/ any questions you have in getting your pond started also. Didn't know you were selling Toyota's now. Are you still into lawn care too? Anyways glad you came back to the best place for fish and pond info in the world :cool:

I received no benifits or monies from either of the above entities :lol::regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
Yes, JW (Angelica) is quite the wild child in my books. Don't worry JW, I won't tell any of your secrets from your wild youth. Maybe if it's allowed I'll put a little of the book featuring her. By the way JW, in the book I'm writing now you and Jean Pierre are married and you just gave birth to a boy who has Jean Pierre's peircing blue eyes and curly red hair. Victoria just had twins, one who looks like her and another who looks like her father. As they grow, a friendly competition gets under way as they both want to court your son, little Andre.

I have the horses contained in the back yard. They liked hanging around right at the front steps and tromped that entire area down to mud. As JW knows, right after I finished building the steps one horse got up on the porch to get to the food. Anyway, I'm going to fence off a good part of the bfront yard with a rustic looking wooden fence to keep the horses out. That's where the pond will be and we can actually have a bird feeder without the horse eating it all in 10 seconds.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wow I get to live on in another book and have kids and everything. That is funny you would name him Andre' as my hubby and I have a running joke about me calling him Andre ( I do it now and then just to annoy him)............he hates it and it's a long stupid story so I won't go into it.........but it's just funny you would bring up that name.............I will tell him about it and he will look at me w/ a grumpy grin I'm sure :lol:

Post some pics of all your horses and critters Bullfrog and your nice place you just moved into not long ago out in the country.

Guys and gals, Bullfrog tells the neatest stories about stuff happening in his real life also. You just wait and you'll see..............he's a fun person :)

Reaction score
That is weird JW that I would chose the name Andre for your kid and it is one that you use. They say that your Muse whispers into your ear and gives you the inspiration to write. When I wrote the first sea battle that the Vengeance planned and got into, I later learned that what I wrote was an actual tactic used in naval history of wooden ship warfare. My Muse must have a sense of humor.

I'll take the pictures soon, I roped off the area right in front of the porch where there is no grass and planted grass seed. My wife is laughing telling me that what I've been watering is not grass but sunflowers from the bird seed. We will see. I have big plans for my front yard as soon as I horse proof it.

We finally got good tenants for our mobile home. Bridgette is 30 and a cool friend for my wife. Her husband Glenn is a big time wild hog hunter and he has the same type of crossbow that I have. He is a chef on an offshore drilling rig and brings home fresh tuna steaks for the grill. We scored!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I told my DH about the Andre' name and he just looked at me and said I don't dislike the name. I said yeah but what about the time I yelled at you w/ that name and you got really mad in the grocery store and told me to stop using that name or you were gonna show me to the door? He says he doesn't remember...............like he says for everything that he doesn't want to discuss :lol:

Our daughters name is Andrea and her and I and my grand-daughter liked to visit the zoo and they sell yearly passes so we bought one for just us 3. I suggested that my DH use it also when just him and me wanted to go. I said well we could just say they made a mistake on the card and it should read Andre instead of Andrea and they didn't ask for I.D so it would work................see I had a bit of a sneaky snake schemer in me back in those days. He about had a fit and fell in it when I suggest that he be called Andre and would have no part of it! So from that day on I had to call him Andre now and then..............of course I did.............I mean come on he was asking for it :lol:

Glad you got good tenants now Bullfrog. We hopefully do too starting tomorrow although I have my doubts. The woman is a clean freak and we did our best to make it shine. She wanted to know when we last had the air ducts cleaned out professionally after she signed the lease. We are putting all new blinds in the house and carpet has been cleaned etc. I am not paying for the ducts to be cleaned right now and they don't need it so I told my DH to stick the vacuum down the vents and call it good :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a german friend, jw, she would be irritated if someone just stopped by, it interfered with her cleaning. Her air ducts were cleaned every two weeks by her husband, the patio chairs had so many layers of plastic on them, they would be brand new if ever given to anybody. Very nice lady, and one very clean house!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well she is missing out on life addy w/ all her cleaning being more important then friends dropping by. Soon her life will end and all she will have to show for it is a clean, clean house that will fade away into the dust someday :lol:

Reaction score
I can't stand a clean freak. I'm glad our tenants are down to earth people. She has a lot of tattoos that she now regrets, but her husband is a chef on an offshore rig, we scored! Plus they are cool and we sit on the porch and pass one back and forth. Life is good.

Ask a Question